Search Unity

VR DISABLE

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ALFREDOSKY, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ALFREDOSKY

ALFREDOSKY

Hi all, I have problems to run a demo; when I build and run somename_DirectToRift.exe the screen shows a normal camera(not the two cameras and distorsion) and also a text appears saying "VR DISABLE", I have done install oculus runtime 0.6.0.0, I use the last Unity version and OVRService is running, I have not connect any DK device . please anyone can give me guidelines to follow, i'm lost with this one

2. davem250

davem250

@ALFREDOSKY - well that is your precise problem... when you don't have an DK connected to your pc then "VR DISABLED" is automatically shown and you'll see the game in normal 3D (Not stereoscopic 3d :)) You need to connect the Rift DK to your computer in order for your game to show in stereoscopic 3D!

3. ALFREDOSKY

ALFREDOSKY

@davem250 thanks for reply, I will try to get some DK device and test my demo, thanks again!

4. davem250

davem250

you're welcome :)

5. ALFREDOSKY

ALFREDOSKY

Well, i got dk1 device to test my demo but still shows same error when I run it, VR DISABLE . I tried to configure with OculusConfigUtil.exe but not recognize dk device, also appears in windows tool bar an oculus icon saying SERVICE IS DISCONNECTED, I updated the firmware, connect and reconnect usb and hmd but nothing solve the error .

I installed:

unity 5.0.2f1
    runtime 0.6.0.0
    sdk 0.6.0.0

anybody have ideas why this happend?

6. ALFREDOSKY

ALFREDOSKY

Ahhh finally! davem250 thanks for all your support, the problem was my screen configuration, I really sorry, i feel dumb, Well if somebody have the same problem that I have, I will explain how configuration should be, I use Windows 8:

- connect all oculus wires with pc and power

- open OculusConfigUtil.exe(No HDM detected is probably the message)

- in windows go to screen configuration->resolution:
    a)change Orientation by Separate in two screens (very important!)
    b)change Screen by DK
    c)click in apply button and then in accept button

at this point unity was recognized as oculus device and you will see in OculusConfigUtil window that appears your dk, that's all; I hope this helps others! have a nice day!

7. davem250

davem250

You're welcome Alfredo ;)

8. Vt-lab

Vt-lab

hi all.
    i have same problem that alfredo.
    in my computer the oculus is attached and ready, but when i play the game (a simple cube) the unity said me that the vr disabled.........
    i try yours recommendations but in my screen configuration don't see anything

thanks