Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

VR content manager system

Discussion in 'VR' started by netpost, Jul 11, 2019.

1. netpost

netpost

Hi,

Does anybody knows what would be the best solution to create a VR content manager system in unity? (such as Headjack , Smart2VR, InstaVR ). Perhaps a combo of assets... We started producing 360 videos and would love to build a white label app to distribute free VR 360 videos along with paid premium content. I already own the AVPRO Video asset, the curved UI VR asset and more so I am just looking for some advice to put me on the right path.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. IRobb

IRobb

There are some different technologies involved here. First a custom CMS for managing 360 videos and related user data with a hosting solution. Then a dynamic download system using an external database as Google Firebase or Amazon Services for example.

3. netpost

netpost

Thanks for your input IRobb. I understand that this is not so simple to accomplish.
    I am a bit surprise that no one created an asset yet as I bought around 250 assets from the unity store and I am surprise what I can do with those nice little tools.

VR 360 is growing now and there will be a big demand to fill. There is already a few solutions but I am not too crazy about subscribe model specially when there isn't much money to do in VR at the moment. But I would gladly pay for an asset that allows me to do this. :)

IRobb likes this.