Search Unity

VR Camera Rotation

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by bugrock, May 10, 2019.

1. bugrock

bugrock

Hi
    I'm trying to rotate one eye in a VR camera without rotating its forward vector. To Illustrate below the top half of the image is what happens when I rotate the right eye anchor. What I need is what is displayed in the bottom half.

I need to be able to do this because I'm developing something for people with strabismus. In layman's terms these people have eyes that don't converge in the same way as the general population(think lazy eye or cross eyed, walleyed...etc)

Simply rotating one camera in unity works great as long as the person wearing the HMD never moves or rotates his head. As soon as the person moves his head(rotation, position or both) each eye wants to move in the direction of the forward arrows which as you can imagine produces some pretty wacky results.(Imagine your right eye drifting away from your head as you lean forward).

Any help would be much appreciated!
    camera.jpg

2. Vinayak-VC

Vinayak-VC

Hi There,
    Use buit in prefeb which is in the scene called "Locomotion" and its path is "Assets\Oculus\SampleFramework\Usage" and prefeb name is "PlayerController".

It works like charm.

3. bugrock

bugrock

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand it though. I'm using the OVRCamerig prefab. I have no use for locomotion. I just want to rotate right eye 5 degrees relative to the left eye and keep it that way. For the average person this will create double vision but that's what I want. To achieve this in the real world one would wear glasses with a prism in the right lens that bends the light 5 degrees.