Search Unity

Games VR Arcade Shooter

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by p1zzaman, Feb 23, 2017.

1. p1zzaman

p1zzaman

Hi guys,

This is the first game I am programming. I wanted to do something that is sort of like those old school top down shooters on rails. I am also inspired by SNES Star Fox game I used to play when I was a child. I realize there are probably tons of these shooter type games but I wanted see what i can do here. I want to focus on gameplay and try not to make it repetitive. The idea is that you go through the level with different types of enemies to blow up, different weapon powerups, different abilities, then at the end of the level is a boss character. Pretty standard old school snes style formula. I notice that dodging incoming fire is rather difficult when the target is the player's headset...

Anyway, It's been about 2 weeks in and I wanted to get some feed back. There is no 3D models at this time, except the little space squid thingies. My wife is helping me build 3d models for this game, so most of what you see is placeholder 3d prefabs.

I also want to try something creative at the later phase with the player's weapons in hand, like have the ability to snap the two guns together to transform into a different weapons, etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure how long it will take me to make this into how i envisioned it, probably a few months or so.

Thanks, all feedbacks welcome

-Rob