Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Vp8VideoMedia encoding error: 1

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cooluck, Jul 13, 2022.

1. cooluck

cooluck

This error occurred when importing transparent video with '.webm' extension with '15360 X 2180' resolution with 'VP8' codec into Unity.

I must to play a transparent video on Android, but I don't know what kind of error it is.

Charlene35 likes this.
  2. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

Vp8VideoMedia encoding error: 1 means there was an issue with the VP8 encoder. Technically, VP8 supports a resolution of 16383x16383, but it is rarely tested. Have you tried reducing the resolution to 4k or 1080p to see if the issue is the resolution or something else? Can you try on the latest 2022.2 if you have the same problem? Otherwise, I would open a bug report so we can investigate the matter.

3. Charlene35

Charlene35

Hello! I feel very sad, I also have this error, I want to try recorder 3.0.3 in the Unity version of 2021.3.5 under Linux, I want to export videos in webm format, but this error always appears, what should I do?
    And if I use record 4.0.0 in Unity on Linux 2021.3.5, I will get one more error (failed to add frame to unity media encorder)

Attached Files:

4. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

Does lowering the resolution fixes the issue? Can you try upgrading to 2021.3.11f1? Lastly, if you make a new empty project do you get the same error? It looks like a bug but I would try this first.

5. Charlene35

Charlene35

An error will also be reported in empty projects,
    Thank you very much! But I tried many resolutions, lowered the resolution, and upgraded Unity to 2021.3.11f1, but I still get the same error, and I get the same error in empty projects. Is there any other way, please?
    The following image shows the playback of the exported video

Attached Files:

6. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

Then it is probably something with your machine. I am really not sure why it happens. It seems the codec failed to initialize for whatever reason. Can you file a bug report so we can investigate?

7. zh5243a

zh5243a

I also appeared, on Windowsserver 2019. Has this problem been solved in the new version?