Search Unity

Vote - Should Unity Combine HDRP with URP and Standard Pipeline

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacodavis, May 23, 2020.

?

Should Unity Combine HDRP with URP and Standard Pipeline in to a single coherent system.

1. Yes

52.6%
  2. No

28.9%
  3. They Should fix the current Bugs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No it's too late to make it better

13.2%
  5. I / we will consider other Engines

5.3%
  1. jacodavis

jacodavis

As it stands currently Unity is incredibly fragmented with hundreds if not thousands of outstanding issues. This is a complex proposition however it is possible.

Please don't Spam this thread with irrelevant and lengthy responses and justify your vote, Just vote and that's it, thank you.

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

There's nothing that can be done about the standard pipeline. It's never been great tech and would require too much work to bring it in line to be properly extensible.

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

I'm not able to vote due to none of the options in the poll matching my thoughts. I'm completely fine with them combining the HDRP and the URP but like @Murgilod said there's nothing that can be done with the standard pipeline. It's not running off of the SRP after all.

4. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

Basically - it's impossible to recreate fully featured standard rendering using SRP api. And even if api will be extended to this much, it's will be require to update all CGIncludes that comes with Unity. That's mean half of shaders from the asset store still wouldn't work.