Search Unity

Vostopia Avatar System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KvanteTore, Feb 27, 2012.

1. KvanteTore

KvanteTore

Hi!

I just looked over the examples on our website, and realize they are not in a great shape. I'll try to fix the examples next week.

In the mean time, try to base your project on this package: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/195704/Vostopia/vostopia_photon_example.unitypackage, which contains the vostopia api, a locomotion framework (not using mecanim) and everything you need to do networking with photon cloud.

Start the game from the scene Assets/Demo/Scenes/BootScene.unity, and it should load the avatars correctly.

The magic happens on the DemoPlayer prefab, it has a PlayerNetwork component that synchronizes position/rotation, and a AvatarLoaderNetwork that loads the right avatar on start.

2. KvanteTore

KvanteTore

Hi, Guys!

I've updated the api to version 2.3 (http://vostopia.com/developer/downloads). The most important change is that Tthe photon cloud integration example is migrated to use mecanim rather than the old locomotion system.

There is also a dressingroom_sd scene in the mecanim project that uses mecanim rather than the old animation system, and therefore supports character scaling. Using this scene requires vostopia-mecanim, vostopia-dressingroom and NGUI to be installed in your project.

cheers,
    -Tore

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  3. GamePowerNetwork

GamePowerNetwork

I'm having a few issues with the avatars in unity 4 (with the latest api update)

I'm having the issue of underwear appearing on top of pants. This just started happening for me and it's random... it even happens randomly in the dressing room scene on the Vostopia dev site.

Another issue is when selecting to combine messages I get gray boxes around the eyes and mouth
    $vostopia.png

Also my character body starts to twist and turn for some reason
    $vostopia.png

Finally, is there some sort of roadmap posted for Vostopia? I visited the blog but there has been no update since July 2012.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  4. KvanteTore

KvanteTore

Hi,

Sorry about the way too late reply. We have also recently discovered the stamping order bug, but as you say it's random, and very hard to track down. I have only seen it with combine meshes turned off. Does that match your observations?

I'll have a look at the issue with the eyes. Which version of Unity are you using?

As for the animations, are you using mecanim or the old animation system? With the old animation system you can get those kind of effects for female characters if the animation you're playing does not have keyframes on the LeftArm/RightArm joints. If you have the choice, I would recommend using the mecanim animation system, as that makes it possible to have more robust system for sharing anims between male and female.

5. Mkm73

Mkm73

Version 2.4 of the avatar API is now out!

Google Play In-app billing integration

Includes new examples of the in-engine dressing room:
    • New default environment and lighting setup
    • Clearer UI design
    • Examples of both normal and SD proportions
    Various other small bug fixes

http://vostopia.com/developer

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. Mkm73

Mkm73

And here's a couple of example screengrabs:

$1186073_10151723526417713_1083836316_n.png

7. Faikus

Faikus

8. Mkm73

Mkm73

Hi Faikus,

Apologies for that. Thanks for letting us know, the link to the docs should now work!

Cheers!
    Mkm

9. chris56728

chris56728

Hey guys,

I got an error when I tried to import vostopia into my game project.
    The imported type `Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert' is defined multiple times

Any idea what this means?
    Thanks!
    Chris

10. chris56728

chris56728

Hey guys,

I'm running into a lot of problems with this system.

I tried importing the photon network demo in a brand new project and it crashes unity.

I tried importing but the vostopia api into my project it gives me the error:
    The imported type `Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert' is defined multiple times

I tried importing the photon demo project into my game thinking maybe it will integrate with my photon project better but I get a ton of errors.

Is anyone having problems like these?
    Thanks,
    Chris

11. chris56728

chris56728

I found out if you delete the Photon Newtonsoft.json.dll file it fixes the problem!

12. chris56728

chris56728

Alrighty so it works perfectly until you try to create a new account with Vostopia. I'm getting this error now:
    Exception: Could not cast or convert from {null} to System.Int32.
    Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable (System.Object value, System.Type initialType, System.Type targetType)
    Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast (System.Object initialValue, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Type targetType)
    Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType

I can log-in just fine with an existing account but I get this new error when I try to create a new account.

Any thoughts?

13. chris56728

chris56728

Does anyone know if Vostopia is a dead service? I've e-mailed them a couple times and no responses.

14. Mkm73

Mkm73

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in response, Tore (our TD) should be back in the office tomorrow. I'll give him a poke in the meantime =)

15. KvanteTore

KvanteTore

@chris: Sorry about that. There's a bug in Assets/vostopia/authentication/scripts/VOGStateAuthNewUser.cs. I've fixed it and will include the fix in our next build, but in the mean time you can work around the issue by changing line 103 in the mentioned file from

Code (csharp):
    1.                 VostopiaUser user = call.ResponseData["user"].ToObject<VostopiaUser>();
    to

Code (csharp):
    1.                 VostopiaUser user = new VostopiaUser((Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject)call.ResponseData["user"]);
    cheers,
    -Tore

16. VksSparky

VksSparky

so is vostopia dead then?

17. Mkm73

Mkm73

Yep, we had to call it a day quite some time ago unfortunately. We probably should have made some kind of formal announcement, but interest in the project seemed to have zero'd out and we were all burned out keeping things going as long as we did. Still, it was only through morbid curiosity that I even saw that someone was bothered enough to ask =)

That's all folks, and if anyone needs a freelancer, feel free to pop me a pm.