Search Unity

Feature Request Volumes blend distance, non uniform.

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by koirat, Jan 10, 2022.

1. koirat

koirat

Blend distance on a volume that will have different distances on all axes.

My use case:
    Entrance to a corridor with thin walls, I would like to have blend distance only at the beginning of the corridor, and definitely not on the sides since this might intersect with volumes outside corridor.

2. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Currently, this is only available on local fog volumes exclusively ( and hidden access)

However, if you've spent some time on the HDRP demo scene, you may have noticed that Volume Room 3 Corridor is a small entry sphere volume with a higher priority than its full room surrounding Volumes.

Using this method would help you have slightly finer control of your overrides and blend distance within your in or out points within an entryway rather than the entire volume and then wanting an all axis control.

EDIT: Purple Volume should be Volume Room 3 not 2, my mistake.

Attached Files:

3. pierred_unity

pierred_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, quite often, using smaller volumes is a good solution, or at least an acceptable workaround.

upload_2022-1-11_13-47-17.png

4. koirat

koirat

Two problems.

1. When entry is fully open.
    2. Long corridor that fades from lit scene into complete darkness.

The most versatile solution would be Volume using strategy pattern where the user defines influence of the volume at given point.