Search Unity

Void Master

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by PixelWyrm, Jul 24, 2012.

1. PixelWyrm

PixelWyrm

Hey everyone, just finishing up a game that I've been working on and I wanted to get some community feedback before I release it. I plan on releasing it online and to the iPhone, and possibly Android (the different Android screen resolutions are giving me problems). Here is a link to the webplayer: http://bit.ly/voidmasterdemo.
    To play, press the space bar to flip gravity and use the arrow keys to move around. Any feed back is really appreciated. And if you have any suggestions for what could make this game even better, let me know. Also, I will have a few more levels included in the release, such as low motion, and one where you can flip gravity when you are in the middle of the screen. Thanks :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. Duskling

Duskling

I actually really like it.

My high score is 1000 or so.

I suggest you add a parent to that trail renderer, put a rigidbody on that parent, turn on 'Is Kinematic' and turn off the gravity. Then restraint the rigidbodys rotation. It will make the trail look much cleaner.

3. Demigiant

Demigiant

Nice :) If I may suggest something: you should allow gravity to be changed while in mid-air, instead than only when you touch the ground/floor.

4. PixelWyrm

PixelWyrm

Thanks for your comments. Duskling: I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. I also tried building my own trail renderer, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be building the line fast enough. I may need to find a new way to do it altogether. Izitmee: I've gotten that suggestion from other people too, but when i made that level, it became too confusing in my opinion. I decided to release it as a different level in the pro version of the iPhone app.

5. PixelWyrm

PixelWyrm

Update: I decided to change the trail to a particle system because it looks better and the line renderer wouldn't work right.