Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Voice Chat that actually works?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by kleinfb, Sep 10, 2020.

1. kleinfb

kleinfb

Hi everyone,

so, my question is simple: has anyone ever really been able to use one of the available online voice chat solutions for Unity iOS on a satisfactory manner, for a real product? I mean, something that actually works decently, as if you are in a Skype call or something.

I have tried Dissonance, and I have tried Photon Voice. Lots of tweaking, testings, trying, etc etc, but no satisfactory result.

So the questions is, if anyone has already had REAL success on that. Please note that I am not talking about saying "hello" on one side and hearing it on the other side. I'm talking about a finsiehd product, with decent quality, something that doesn't get lost along the way, with echo-cancellation, good quality, etc etc...

Thanks!

mimiCryMuffin likes this.
  2. joshuacwilde

joshuacwilde

Dissonance is great for us! Just requires a bit of tweaking. Would not recommend Photon Voice. Dissonance has really nice voice cancellation if you set it up correctly.

3. kleinfb

kleinfb

Thanks a bunch for the quick response, @joshuacwilde . So I am imagining that you have used it on a full, finished product, right? Can you please confirm the Unity version you had for that?

4. joshuacwilde

joshuacwilde

Well not done yet, but it all works well for us so far. We are using 2019.3

5. kleinfb

kleinfb

I cannot help to find it very puzzling that there's actually only one response here, and still, not for a released product out to the market already.

ina likes this.