Search Unity

Question Vivox - Why no Speech to Text?

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by butterscotch-vr, Nov 29, 2022.

1. butterscotch-vr

butterscotch-vr

I've been trying to find out how to implement speech to text in Vivox but the documentation from Vivox says"Note: Speech-to-text audio transcription is in limited early release and must be enabled by Vivox. For pricing information and to discuss enabling this service for your organization, contact your sales representative."
    How do I get to sales? How do I implement? Thanks

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Check their website for contact info.
    Usually if a company states „contact sales“ they‘ll only talk to paying customers, actually more likely „serious money paying customers“.

3. butterscotch-vr

butterscotch-vr

Hm sounds about right. I'm looking at Microsoft Azure and Playfab as alternatives, they have great support for indies. Thanks

4. PunhoNinja

PunhoNinja

I just want to point out, you're not sure that VIVOX only talk to paying customers or "serious money paying customers" as you say, hence I would suggest you don't make such assumptions and much less convince other people about them. Give it a try, contact them and see what happens, it could make a big difference in how you build your game. I have talked to Unity support engineers many times without ever paying for any Pro service, if VIVOX's support is anything similar, they shouldn't be that bad. I'm just saying this because I actually like Unity Support and don't resonate with what you're saying.

5. butterscotch-vr

butterscotch-vr

I've contacted them several times - no reply!!!!! I am a 10 year Unity user and feel they do a great job in support - they bought Vivox as is and support is lacking. I am unity Netcode with Vivox for chat but Azure for text translation and interpretation. I am also exploring Nvidias newly available support for Unity as an alternative to Azure.

6. LilGames

LilGames

Do they? They won't take support tickets unless you are in a higher paying tier than Free or even Pay As You Go and they are deprecating features left and right in favour of enterprise-level implementations like Azure.

7. butterscotch-vr

butterscotch-vr

I've been using Azure in development for about 6 weeks and haven't found a reason to look for support and the service seems to have all the features I need. And still no response from Vivox on speech translation but their Chat is all I can ask for. I also think that Unity's Game service is by far easier to use than Playfab and is more functional than Photon PUN