Search Unity

Feedback Vivox sandbox environment does not behave the same as production

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by MarcAudouy2, May 31, 2023.

1. MarcAudouy2

MarcAudouy2

Hello,

I had issues joining channels in the production environment, I was receiving a code 20123 indicating a problem with the join access token.
    I realised that joining a positional channel require the channel ID in the token to also include the positional parameters.
    It all works now but I want to point out it worked fine on the sandbox with the wrong access token.

Having the sandbox environment not use the same strict check as production does not seem right to me, the whole point of a sandbox is to be able to test your code, so that you're confident that production will work too.

I think it's a real high priority for Vivox to make sure the sandbox behaves the same, so errors like that can be found BEFORE we end up testing the production environment.

2. dylan_unity3d

dylan_unity3d

Unity Technologies

Hello @MarcAudouy2, you are correct. Our intention is to keep both sandbox and production aligned so that issues like you describe are found quickly. Currently the Vivox package is in prerelease state. As such, the VAT security on the sandbox environment may be temporarily relaxed depending on the work that is occurring on the environment. I apologize for the confusion that it has caused.