Search Unity

Other Vivox package posting token key to Streaming Assets while not in Test Mode

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by dadamsj1, Mar 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadamsj1

dadamsj1

Something is definitely wrong here. After building, Vivox automatically creates UnityServicesProjectConfiguration.json within StreamingAssets which contains the Vivox server, domain, token issuer, and token key. This is with "Test Mode" unchecked! What is going on here?

2. dadamsj1

dadamsj1

Well after some fiddling, I figured out that you must:
    1. Enable test mode. Save project.
    2. Disable test mode. Save project.
    3. Hopefully it should rebuild "ProjectSettings/Packages/com.unity.services.vivox/Settings.json" so that it reads the "tokenKey" as an empty string.
    This has fixed the problem for me but could be problem if others do not bother to check StreamingAssets. I'm still curious why we need to include any of the server, domain, and issuer information unobfuscated in StreamingAssets in the first place.

3. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! We were able to reproduce this on our side, and Engineering is investigating this as a high priority bug! I will post an update once we have more information. Thank you again for your time!

dadamsj1 likes this.
  4. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

Hello! Thank you for your patience! Engineering has worked out a solution, and this will be included in an upcoming release. I will post again once an SDK with the fix is live!

5. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

Hello and thank you for your patience! A fix for this issue has been included in our 15.1.18000 release! Please let me know if you are still seeing this issue after updating. Thank you so much for your cooperation and I hope you have a great day!

6. Gillissie

Gillissie

I'm using Unity 2021.3.5f1 (Silicon for Mac), and noticed that when I do a build, the StreamingAssets folder is appearing. Upon further investigation, the build process is temporarily putting a file in there named UnityServicesProjectConfiguration.json, then deletes it when the build is done.
    The file doesn't appear to have any sensitive data, but it's very annoying that it creates the folder, then doesn't clean up after itself by deleting the empty folder when it's done. I continually have to delete the empty folder to avoid my git wanting to add StreamingAssets.meta to my project.

7. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

Hello @Gillissie ! Thank you for the feedback on the Streaming Assets folder. I'll forward this information and Engineering.

Would you be able to create a separate forum post regarding the issues you're seeing with streaming assets and git, and label it as a feedback thread? This way we can have a separate thread to discuss this further, in case Engineering has any follow up questions or possible workarounds.

Once you've reposted this message, I'll delete both our messages here, and continue the discussion over there. I'll get notify when the thread is created.

Thanks for your cooperation!

8. Gillissie

Gillissie

Here is the new thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/streamingassets-folder-auto-creation-not-cleaned-up.1309581/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.