Search Unity

Question Vivox not available in Package Manager (2021.3.9f1)

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by PreposterousGames_Mavelos, Sep 5, 2022.

1. PreposterousGames_Mavelos

PreposterousGames_Mavelos

Vivox does not seem to exist in the Unity Registry. What extra steps do I need to take to make it available?

upload_2022-9-5_11-15-56.png upload_2022-9-5_11-15-7.png

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I believe you'd need to enter the domain for it manually (if it's not visible in preview packages). Hopefully someone will be along with a clearer answer.

3. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

Hello! I am sorry to hear you're unable to access the package! Do you have preview packages enabled? To turn this on, click the gear on the right side of your package manager, go to advanced project settings, and check the box that says enable pre-released packages.

If this doesn't work, or you already have this toggled on this may be a bug. If so let know and I can forward that information to our Engineering department.

If the aforementioned steps don't work, you could then enter it manually as @hippocoder mentioned above. Just go to the package manager, click the plus sign on the left side, select Add Package by Name and enter com.unity.services.vivox and this should install the package as well!

Let me know if you run into any issues! Thanks for your time!

GlaDos_sae likes this.
  4. Zuuunk

Zuuunk

Hey, just reporting that there is a bug here in some form. I had Vivox in this list but I removed it from the project (to reinstall) and it disappeared. I tried refreshing this list and restarting Unity, and I have "enable pre-release packages" checked off as you can see below.

I'll add by name as you mentioned, thanks!

upload_2023-3-5_2-55-40.png

5. ALQAWSI

ALQAWSI

i had same problem but i found it after enabling pre release packages
    upload_2023-4-1_22-45-47.png upload_2023-4-1_22-45-47.png