Search Unity

Resolved Vive XR Elite - Controller Tracking Issues

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Phenotype, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Phenotype

Phenotype

I have added the Vive Packages to the project and enabled VIVE XR Support under open XR. In SteamVR i have the focus 3 controllers setup. When I press play I either get no controllers at all or the controllers are incorrectly tracking and pointing in random directions and move erratically. Back in steamvr they are oriented correctly and work as expected. Have tried reinstalling everything one piece at time to see where things are going wrong but no luck. Anyone else using the Vive Elite?

2. Phenotype

Phenotype

Little more detail; getting this error:
    Expected control 'devicePose' to be of type 'PoseControl' but is of type 'PoseControl' instead!

This was supposed to be fixed in OpenXR 1.6 but I have 1.7

3. Phenotype

Phenotype

I only get the above error every second time I run it so I guess that's progress. I have the controllers now rendering and "working" or accepting inputs but they are in the wrong position and orientation. X and Z axis seem to be swapped. Running in Android with VIVE XR Support feature group.

4. Phenotype

Phenotype

First time I press play the controllers are tracked fine. If I stop the game, then press play again, the controllers lose their position and orientation. I have to reload unity, vive hub and steamvr to reset the controllers.

5. jasjang

jasjang

I got the similar problem,
    I would like to know if I could use the SDK without controller?
    I mean I would like to build an Hand control Only Application without device controller.
    But there seems no way to skip the link controller process.

6. Phenotype

Phenotype

Was able to resolve this by switching from Vive OpenXR to Vive Wave. Not a simple change as a number of other issues had to be resolved for wave to work but I got there eventually. Not sure what the long term implications are but short term, my controllers work.