Search Unity

Vive tracker seems to disable SteamVR_Behavior_Pose

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by instasquid, Sep 9, 2019.

1. instasquid

instasquid

So I'm working on a project with the Vive Tracker (2018) and all was well, but as of 2 days ago I can't seem to use SteamVR_Behaviour_Pose to track the controllers and input. Any time the tracker is turned on it stops working, although I can still track them with SteamVR_TrackedObject.

I've tried deleting actions.json. I've restated everything about 1000 times, changed the order in which I'm turning the controllers on, a bunch of other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

It was working, and I didn't change anything about it other than charging the controllers at one point. Is this a known issue? Any ideas of how I can get it to work or work around it?

2. instasquid

instasquid

I worked it out. I was using the Vive to track and control a real world object, so I wasn't putting the helmet on. Apparently Unity bugs you about controller bindings for the Vive Controllers in Unity, but bugs you about bindings for the Vive Tracker in the helmet only.

Dumb bug, dumb fix.

GoesTo11 likes this.
  3. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Thanks, I had just run into this program and spent the better part of a couple of days trying to figure this out. The SteamVR user interface is poorly designed and non-intuitive.

I still can't get the trackers working by assigning them poses such as to the left foot and right foot but it does work by assigning them to a device (i.e. device 5 and 6 for two trackers).