Search Unity

Vive tracker for camera controller

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by moliminous, Jun 5, 2019.

1. moliminous

moliminous

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It's a little hard to tell much from your pictures.
    Can you give some more detail about your setup?

3. moliminous

moliminous

hey, there i solved the issue by using the third-party code. the reason it's zoomed in is that steamvr hard locks the fov of the camera to 111 something. this can't be changed and makes everything warped. by allowing steam vr to run without a headset and using some custom scripts for the vive trackers I'm able to get this working.

4. josterday

josterday

You may want to strip the SteamVR camera component which is calling for the HMD and just use the Tracker Component scripts from the SteamVR Kit (will Edit once I check the script name). Create a Game Object, then parent the chair to that.

Apply the script to the chair, input the tracker ID (typically 1 is HMD, 2/3 are lighthouses, 4/5 are controllers, 6 is first tracker) and it will grab the transform data. Move the parent for adjustments.

5. moliminous

moliminous

yeppers you sir are correct in your judgement since that's exactly what i did to get this all working

6. thegladscientist

thegladscientist

Been working on something similar, and wonder how you got steam vr running without the headset? Does this mean literally disabling it, or just running the tracker component scripts (already doing the latter)?