Search Unity

(Vive) Single Pass Rendering not working with assetbundles

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Jribs, May 23, 2018.

1. Jribs

Jribs

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else had this problem. When I try to use single pass rendering I can see it working normally on my initial scene of my project, but once I load a scene that comes from a downloaded assetbundle, the single pass rendering then stops working. You can see the different eyes do not line up properly.

Any ideas? I'm stuck using multi pass as it is now.

2. scvnathan

scvnathan

Dang, I'm running into the same problem :( Are you still stuck?

3. Jribs

Jribs

4. scvnathan

scvnathan

So I was able to fix it for our scenario. Maybe it's the same for you @Jribs. Basically we have a separate project where we build the AssetBundle. What we had to do was have that other project have the same VR settings as our main game's project. I thought the main game's player settings would override whats in the AssetBundle but I guess not.

5. sr3ds

sr3ds

@scvnathan can you explain exactly which settings need to be the same? I´m running into the same problem at the moment, and i got it already between multiple different versions in different projects? What exactly need to match?

Thanks a lot!

6. scvnathan

scvnathan

I'll have to check once I get into work but I believe I just needed VR (along with single pass selected) and linear color space to be enabled in both projects.

7. Jribs

Jribs

Yes this was my problem as well. We have 2 different builds in the same project, one that has XR enabled and one that doesn't. If you want the assetbundles to work you need to have XR enabled to build them and have them work.

I found assetbundles built with XR enabled work for non XR projects, but not the other way around.

8. Nigey

Nigey

Can you confirm that's still the case now? I'm creating my asset bundles with XR settings enabled, with single pass rendering enabled, and in VR it is working. When using monitor however it splits the camera in two as if it's XR enabled, when I'm confirming it's not via:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class IsXREnabled : MonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     // Start is called before the first frame update
    4.     void Awake()
    5.     {
    6.         DontDestroyOnLoad(gameObject);
    7.     }
    9.     // Update is called once per frame
    10.     void Update()
    11.     {
    12.         Debug.Log(XRSettings.enabled);
    13.     }
    14. }

9. Narmer

Narmer

Thank you so much! It helped.

10. not_a_valid_username

not_a_valid_username

Just had this issue as well, for me it required that both the assetbundle creator and consumer have XR enabled with single pass on. Thanks for the help scvnathan!

11. zetingq

zetingq

Thank you very much for this post, I encountered the same problem and it has been resolved