Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vive controllers not showing in any new Unity project

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Deleted User, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Specifically, if I start a new project, import SteamVR from the asset store, create and compile a basic action set (using defaults) and add a camera rig from SteamVR/Prefabs (and yes, delete the original main camera), I get no controllers showing when run. They show normally in SteamVR home or any existing application.

I have tested and found this issue doesn't exist with SteamVR plugin v1.2.3, i.e. before action sets were introduced.
    It happens on both my home and work PCs, which have different versions of SteamVR installed.
    It happens whether the project is normal 3D, LWRP or LWRP (VR) and also in 2018.3.7 and 2019.1.7b.
    In addition, in LWRP (VR), the camera is upside down!

I was wondering if anyone else was having these issues. If not, a complete reinstall of everything may be required.

2. lowbl_dan

lowbl_dan

It happens to me sometimes as well when I'm currently logged in with my steam account. The bindings of my steam workshop seems to override the current developer's binding. When I check the current bindings in window->SteamVR Input->Open UI Binding and hover my mouse cursor over the default configurations tab, it would say that my actions are not bound. Reassigning them would make the controllers appear again, but I hope someone has a proper solution to this..

ehsan_wwe1 likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep, looks like this was the same issue, thanks. I deleted my bindings and recreated them. It's worth noting that Steam has to be running for the bindings to be loaded, which is very annoying. I had it running and then this morning, no controllers. I started Steam and re-ran it and pow, controllers!

4. darmova

darmova

This is highly annoying! Happened to me this morning, deleted half of my scene in desperate attempt to fix it before found out that now also STEAM has to be running, not only SteamVR

nmarechal likes this.