Search Unity

VisualStudioCode wants to open scenes!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Bidule200, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Bidule200

Bidule200

Hello,
    I have a very weird problem.

Since the 2019.2 update, in Unity Editor when I double-clic on a Scene to open it... it launches Visual Studio Code and reads the Scene as a text file! There is litteraly no way to open a Scene in the Unity Editor, I'm stuck with the default one!

The problem is not present when I switch to Visual Studio Community... but I want to stay on VSCode...

What can I do? Anyone here has the same issue ?

2. WhendricSo

WhendricSo

In Windows click Start -> type "settings" to open the Settings app -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Choose Default Apps by File Type (found as a small link near the bottom of the page)

Then, scroll down to find the ".unity" file type, and assign it to the Unity Editor.

You can also in the Unity editor click File -> Open Scene and Unity will load it correctly without making changes to your Windows settings, but you will have to do that every single time.

3. ian-tw

ian-tw

Hey, I'm having this same issue, but none of the above solutions fix the problem. If I open the scene in windows explorer it actually opens in Unity correctly, but if I open it in Unity, including by right clicking it and selecting "Open", it will always open in VSCode.

UPDATE: It's not just Scenes. EVERYTHING that I try to open in the project browser in Unity opens in VSCode. That includes Prefabs, Textures... Everything.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  4. ian-tw

ian-tw

5. Muckel

Muckel

use Packetmanager and update the VSCode plugin...
    than it works ... no need to change the Args ... just update!
    if you have the old VSCode plugin in Editor folder... remove that too...
    it works like before after updating...!

interesting that nooo Unity staff are around to answer this questions...
    hmmm we pay them for this....!
    M.