Search Unity

Visually hide Main Camera Icon in Editor?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Deeeds, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Deeeds

Deeeds

Sorry to waste your valuable time with such a trivial question.

How do I visually hide the main camera's unity icon when using CineMachine?

This camera icon is forcibly pushed to 0,0,0 and right where I want to work. I can't move it because it's seemingly locked into this position by the CineMachine system.

This great big white camera icon is the thing I'm wanting to hide or otherwise move out of this middle-of-world position.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 2.28.54 pm.png

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can hide icons from the Gizmos menu at the top of the scene view:

upload_2018-4-3_11-51-53.png

That said, you can move the icon to a more convenient place by creating a virtual camera and positioning it where you want the Camera to go.

3. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

You can also change the size of them with the 3D Icons sliderbar, to make them teeny-tiny but still there so you know what's going on (my fav config)

luecke, viccallan and Deeeds like this.
  4. Deeeds

Deeeds

Thank you! This is cool.

And thank you, @Gregoryl

@Adam_Myhill I watched some of one of your speeches on cinemachine, it pushed me toward using this engine. It's a very cool thing and your dry humour sold me. But... who wrote this: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.cinemachine@2.1/manual/index.html

5. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

Hey thanks @Deeeds !
    Who wrote the manual? A number of people. Mostly Gregory and I. We had to tone down our enthusiasm a bit as it's the official manual.... is that what you're commenting on? :)

6. Deeeds

Deeeds

Yes, the manual. It's... a bit... odd. At odds with the innate understandings of setting, narrative, context, threading, lexicon and communication inherent to the works you do, and doesn't use the tool to explain itself. Which, for me, was the oddest part. This might be one of those perfectly recursive tools, ideally suited to explaining itself.

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yeah, the doc a bit of a frankenstein, cobbled together from various sources. Our doc team is working on cleaning it up and making it more presentable, but in the meantime it's.... ALIVE!!!!!! mwahahahaha!!

Deeeds likes this.
  8. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

ahah yes you are totally correct. A fair bit of copy-pasta in there. Like Gregory said, we have actual doc people working on it which will reduce the multiple-personality disorder it has right now by a large margin.

Deeeds likes this.
  9. toyhunter

toyhunter

Is there any way hiding the white line of the camera, but not switching off from it? Thanks. As I want to take some in-game screenshots with particular view.

10. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

11. iskandar_huseynov

iskandar_huseynov

2020.3.33 version's Scene window has Gizmos toggle. On/offs this icon