Search Unity

Visualife - Interactive Audio Visualization (Graduation Project)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by PeerPlay, Jun 16, 2017.

1. PeerPlay

PeerPlay

Dear Unity community,

I am graduating in a few days, from University of the Arts in The Netherlands, and I have worked for the last four months on my graduation project Visualife. In August I will be attending Gamescom with Visualife, and do some VJ'ing with Unity at live parties. :)

Visualife
    An interactive music visualization, based on several different algorithms seen in nature. Visualife uses FFT to read out audio data, and visualizes it in graphics & gameplay. All animations have been done through code or shaders.
    Visualife has 2 modes. Game Mode & Story Mode.

Game Mode

Game Mode contains different games, that increase in difficulty. Just like your media player does, Visualife will switch automatically to another visualization, while music keeps playing.
    Users can play on their own music aswell.

Story Mode
    Implicitly tells the story of frequencies, atoms, creation of life, and evolution. Players can control characters, and go through the story, in an atmospheric flow. The user can play the game on their own music aswell.

If you want to know more about how to do audio visualization, I have made a complete video tutorial on my youtube channel!

2. ikv007s

ikv007s

This is so good.