Search Unity

Question VisualElements and ActiveEditorTracker (Selection)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Limbo, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Limbo

Limbo

Hello, I've been working on a tool called Smart Inspector, there's a version live on the AssetStore for free if you want to checked it out. And like Unity I want to provide you with a better workflow hence the name of the tool - Now for the past few months I've been working on Version 2.0, this version of course aims to be better and I've been learning and struggling with VisualElements since every inspector is now render with them.

Most of the learning and the hard work is done, however whenever you add or remove a component the IMGUIContainers break since there's no way to check if their editor/object ref still exists! (On a loop or update or callback) any ideas on how to work around that? - oh! and here I'm attaching a sneak peek to the Smart Inspector V2

Edit - I've decided to rollback to legacy since I probably won't get the answer I seek any time soon, I likely need to read the last version of the source code and have access to some sealed classes, but with legacy I can still have the same features.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021