Search Unity

Visual Studio workload for .dll

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by BlackMantis, May 19, 2018.

1. BlackMantis

BlackMantis

What workloads do I need to have the c# library project template ? I first tried the bloated UWP, but didn't see the basic library that was being used in a tutorial I was following.

2. Doug_B

Doug_B

Haven't tried it myself, but it looks to be as straightforward as selecting Universal Windows App Development Tools in Visual Studio Installer.

3. BlackMantis

BlackMantis

TY for the reply, here is a link to the video. It's a little blurry at times, but it looks like the only reference needed is the Unity Engine library. The UWP library templates allow me to add the unity lib but has a locked ( Un- editable ) bulk reference to UWP libraries, so I guess I'm looking for a cleaner / leaner template. The vid template has Net Framework in its description, and one of the setup steps involves changing the target platform to net 3.5, so maybe that's the workload I need idk. These workloads Install in strange places and don't always uninstall fully, and that messes with my OCD lol.

4. Doug_B

Doug_B

I've only watched about 20 seconds of that video so I can't give a detailed review of it. However, my suggestion would be to stick with the Microsoft tutorial video I linked to. I suspect there may be more chance of it being accurate and easy to follow. :)