Search Unity

Visual Studio Tools tab don't show and can't attach to Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hammeron, Nov 2, 2015.

1. hammeron

hammeron

Unity 5.2.2f1 and Visual Studio Tools for Unity 2.1.0.0.

I installed, imported the package like in the video but that "Visual Studio Tools" tab don't show up in the editor.

The syntaxhighlighter and autocompletation is working fine in VS when I open a script from Unity but I can't create the proper solution project without that tab and that "Attach to Unity" don't work because it can't resolve the symbols to the Unity API.

Someone knows how to resolve it or create the solution manually?

2. MushedBrain

MushedBrain

From what I understand there is no longer a Visual Studio Tools tab because they improved the integration between VS and Unity. I think you just need to go to Edit > Preferences > External Tools and select Visual Studio 2015.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I ran into this issue and I found that many people also do.

Most of the time the issue is that you have multiple version of Unity installed and VS doesn't know which one to use so it fails to attach.

In my case, I actually had multiple version of VS installed and it also failed to attach.

Make sure you only have 1 version of each Unity and VS installed, then they will automatically find and attach.

4. QuantumPlayz

QuantumPlayz

Visual Studio doesn't have any of the 2019 Tools for Unity in it even though I've downloaded it. No option to import it, nothing. Any help from anyone?