Search Unity

Visual Studio Solution and Project Files not generating

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by PiscesStudios, May 18, 2022.

1. PiscesStudios

PiscesStudios

Just installed fresh 2021.3.2f1 and Visual Studio 2019... Latest Visual Studio packages... Visual Studio has the Unity tool and feature..

?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

This may help you with intellisense and possibly other Visual Studio integration problems:

Sometimes the fix is as simple as doing Assets -> Open C# Project from Unity. Other times it requires more.

Other times it requires you also nuke the userprefs and .vsconfig and other crufty low-value high-hassle files that Visual Studio tends to slowly damage over time, then try the above trick.

Barring all that, move on to other ideas:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/intellisense-not-working-with-visual-studio-fix.836599/

Also, try update the VSCode package inside of Unity: Window -> Package Manager -> Search for Visual Studio Code Editor -> Press the Update button

Also, this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/no-suggestions-in-vscode.955197/#post-6227874

PiscesStudios likes this.
  3. PiscesStudios

PiscesStudios

4. zenasprime

zenasprime

I'm having this problem with Unity 2022.3 LTS at the moment.

Normally I would just regenerate the project button in the preferences but that button seems to be now missing.

UPDATE:

Since this was a very old project, I hadn't realized that I had to install the Visual Studio Editor package from the Package Manager.

5. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Did you even read the second line of the post I made above??

That button was never in the preferences. it is in Assets.

6. zenasprime

zenasprime

Yes. You're response was irrelevant to my issue. Read my update.