Search Unity

Visual Studio Module (install problem)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MoistDumpling14, Feb 21, 2019.

1. MoistDumpling14

MoistDumpling14

I've been using Unity for a while and just got a new computer with nothing on it. I just installed the hub with no problems. When I went to download a version of Unity through the hub, I selected the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 checkbox just for convenience. The actual Unity 2018.3.6f1 version installed and then the Visual Studio installer popped up and installed visual studio completely fine with no problems. I then opened the Unity Hub window and it said something along the lines of "Module installation for Visual Studio Community 2017 failed" Is a module installation different or is the just some weird bug with unity hub.

2. minatur

minatur

I’m having this same issue. Did you find a fix?

3. MoistDumpling14

MoistDumpling14

No Visual Studio is installed and seems to be running fine. It also has all the correct components and modules for unity installed so I think it must just be a glitch in the hub. Some communication issue between Unity Hub and Visual Studio.

4. YaraHassan

YaraHassan

i also have the same problem and i've been trying to reinstall both applications and following the steps but it always doesnt add the module. im using unity and visual studio 2019, does anyone know the solution?

5. MoistDumpling14

MoistDumpling14

I would just run Unity and Visual Studio as if you didn't see that notification. I haven't had any problems have you?