Search Unity

Visual Studio Kicked Me Out, I Have No Idea What To Do!

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by SquidlyMedic, Apr 2, 2019.

?

I am stuck, Here are some questions. If it is true, please be so kind to check it.

This poll will close on Apr 2, 2029 at 12:50 AM.
  1. The is a Free Version of Visual Studio

100.0%
  2. Eclipse Works with Unity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. There is another Free Source

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SquidlyMedic

SquidlyMedic

Hi, I am a wanna-be game developer and I was working on a 2D project the other day. The problem arose when I decided to start programming after working on the 'bulk' of the game. I started Visual Studio 2017 (Community?) After it booting up I start on the first word to find out it wants a licence. I can't currently afford an expensive licences so I try looking for a free version to find up with nothing. I look at a program called Eclipse to find out it only works with JAVA. I am fine with JAVA but I would be leaving out tons of useful tutorials! I am in a predicament and I need help. I don't use JAVA a lot so I don't know if Eclipse hooks up with Unity just fine or not. I don't know if there are free versions of Visual Studio nor any choices. If you could help me out, it would be awesome! (BTW: I don't use the Forums often so If this is breaking the Guidelines, Please Tell Me.)

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

And also you'd be leaving out Unity. Unity doesn't support Java at all and never has. :)

Visual Studio Community is free, though. Did you see this?

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/support/community-edition-expired-buy-license/

You just need to sign-up for a free Microsoft account. If you have hotmail or any Microsoft product that requires you to sign-in then you probably already have one.