Search Unity

Visual Studio Code package requires download every new project.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by enzzYT, Jun 13, 2020.

1. enzzYT

enzzYT

Every time I start a new project in unity and open a script in vsCode the intellisense wont work so, Every time I have to go into the package manager and update the visual studio code package to the same update every new project.

2. miniwolf_unity

miniwolf_unity

Unity Technologies

To get some more information. Which Unity version are you seeing this behaviour on?
    What version is the package when you create a new Unity project?

There is this concept of "verified packages", this means that our release management has guaranteed that this version of the package will work with Unity. However when we release bug fixes that are found after a package has been verified we have to reverify the new package, to get this version added as the "default" package version for new projects. This can only be done in newer patch releases and is not backwards compatible.

3. silvertakana

silvertakana

I am experiencing the same issue where Visual Studio Code Editor is not installed by default in my Unity version 2022.2.9 with package version 1.2.5. Although Visual Scripting and Visual Studio Editor are installed by default, it is frustrating that I have to manually install Visual Studio Code Editor for every new project. Is there a way to have it installed by default like the other editors?

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

I just started up a new project with Unity 2022.2.11, and the Visual Studio Code plugin was loaded with the project so I'm thinking this might have been a bug with that specific release. Just a heads-up though Visual Studio Code is being deprecated and the plugin will eventually be removed from the package manager.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/update-on-the-visual-studio-code-package.1302621/