Search Unity

Visual Studio Code is not Autocompleting

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by teflon819, Feb 12, 2020.

1. teflon819

teflon819

Hi, thanks for passing by. I've been having problems with Visual Studio Code, and couldn't find any help about it because Visual Studio overshadows Code on search engines.

Code is not autocompleting nothing. As seen in the image below, GameObject is not being suggested. The same thing happens to keywords like Time, Transform or GetComponent, making it hard to do anything.

In the process of unsuccessfully trying to solve this, I reinstalled Code, following the step-by-step instructions given here. Then, I installed the .NET Core SDK, and restarted my PC. At last, I installed the .NET Framework 4.6 Targeting Pack. All unity and c# extensions were already installed after the process.

Any idea on how could I solve this?

Attached Files:

2. diXime

diXime

Hello,
    I've had the same issue on my work laptop (a tiny little battery bag). I had to launch unity first (using a batch command because PackageManager wouldn't launch, I'm sparing you the pain in the center of gravity it has been), then open the script through unity . I think it has to do with the project system.
    There may be an option to force it to use Unity as a project platform, but I've ended up using TeamViewer with my monster computer to work anywhere in my home (less laggy anyways)