Search Unity

[Visual Studio Code Editor 1.1.4] Error: The referenced project does not exist

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by jasonatkaruna, Jan 9, 2020.

1. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

After upgrading to Visual Studio Code Editor 1.1.4 package (com.unity.ide.vscode@1.1.4), I'm receiving this error in my OmniSharp output:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1875,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.InputSystem.csproj' does not exist.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1875,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.Addressables.csproj' does not exist.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1875,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.csproj' does not exist.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1875,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.ResourceManager.csproj' does not exist.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1875,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.csproj' does not exist.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1875,5): Error: The referenced project 'UnityEditor.UI.csproj' does not exist.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1875,5): Error: The referenced project 'UnityEngine.UI.csproj' does not exist.

2. bsgbryan

bsgbryan

I am receiving equivalent errors on macOS.

3. bsgbryan

bsgbryan

The problem is: the Visual Studio Code Editor package v1.1.4 adds the following to the project's .csproj file for each installed package (the below example is the Mathematics package):

Code (CSharp):
    1. <ProjectReference Include="Unity.Mathematics.Editor.csproj">
    2.   <Project>{5aac75fd-a7ec-6fd2-d64a-6e83653848dc}</Project>
    3.   <Name>Unity.Mathematics.Editor</Name>
    4. </ProjectReference>
    I have not been able to find the named project anywhere. The error is correct - these projects do not exist. For me, downgrading to v1.1.3 of the package fixed the problems as the above sections were removed from the .csproj file.

4. greg-harding

greg-harding

I just had to revert back to v1.1.3 as well. It looks like v1.1.4 is trying to include a bunch of csproj's that do not exist and causing thousands of errors.

The package manager says that v1.1.4 is a verified package too. Argh.

Bug filed: Case #1211057

Update: 24 Jan - QA @Domas_L repro'd the issue and it's been sent to the fixing place :)

Update: 15 March - There is a new VSCode v1.2.0 package (unverified) that addresses project generation problems Case #1211057; (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.ide.vscode@1.2/changelog/CHANGELOG.html)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  5. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

reverting back solved it for me as well

EvOne likes this.
  6. Brice-Joly

Brice-Joly

Same problem, reverting to 1.1.3 fixed this too.

EvOne likes this.
  7. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Same here, reverting produced some obsolete api errors and other issues. Will a fix be coming?

EvOne likes this.
  8. torano

torano

Same. Waiting for a fix.

EvOne likes this.
  9. Rocco_B

Rocco_B

Just want to also bump this up as I had the same issue and also resolved it by downgrading the package to 1.1.3.

Edit: A note that my Unity version was 2019.3.0f5

10. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

@Domas_L are your team aware of this issue?

Rocco_B likes this.
  11. sakus

sakus

Another bump from me.. just updated only to find out that the 1.1.4 version of VS Code Editor package is utterly broken and Google led me here. 2019.3.0f5 on Mac. 1.1.3 works.

12. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

shekalo and ROBYER1 like this.
  13. greg-harding

greg-harding

Great, thanks for letting us know, Domas.

Domas_L likes this.
  14. RogDolos

RogDolos

Seems to still be an issue with the release of 2019.3.0f6, which installing automatically pushes to the latest package--

Which with this bug, really should not be "verified" for exactly this situation?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  15. pb

pb

Yep same situation here - the upgrade from 0f5 to 0f6 last night forced the vscode package onto a KNOWN BAD VERSION.

Crazy!

16. jdtec

jdtec

wow I had to downgrade from the official 2019.3.r6 release back to r5 to fix this... Lost some time.

2019.3 releases have been a real painful experience.

I'm going to be far more cautious upgrading packages/Unity versions from now on.

17. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

Hey jdtec, you can manually downgrade the package to 1.1.3 after upgrading to 2019.3.0f6. Then you can have 2019.3.0f6 without the issues of 1.1.4.

18. jdtec

jdtec

Thanks, however, I did try that (and some other vscode package versions)... not sure why this didn't work for me if it has for others. I had to downgrade my entire Unity version.

A slightly different but related problem is I've had to resort to debug log debugging for the last month or so because the debugger seems broken.

Can any of you guys use the vscode Unity debugger on Mac to set breakpoints at the moment? My debugger reports attaching ok but then the debug controls in vscode disappear and it seems to just crash/disconnect (doesn't report disconnecting though)

19. greg-harding

greg-harding

To be honest, this has been my last decade with debugging Unity on a Mac. It has been terrible, never connecting, beachballing, connecting and immediately disconnecting, etc. MonoDevelop used to beachball every time I tried to connect back in olden days Unity.

There was a tiny window a few years ago when Unity was releasing an updated debugger within the Xamarin ecosystem when debugging worked, then they stopped support when updating and then dropping MonoDevelop. VSCode debugging support has been mostly rubbish since we started using it. After it finally started connecting more reliably other problems made it useless, like not being able to set breakpoints that actually worked, or stepping in and out being completely broken.

The latest version of VSCode and the 1.1.3 package do connect and debug in the Editor better for me than earlier versions but it's hard to break the habit of trusty old Debug.Log after all these years :) eg. we can't connect VSCode debugging to iOS devices - connect and immediate disconnect. It's never worked.

goncalo-vasconcelos likes this.
  20. jdtec

jdtec

I've come to appreciate the uses of debug logs that's for sure! It's also nice to have a debugger in the toolbox too.

Anyway I fixed it!

I got a more in-depth vscode extension error log to display by following advice here.

Searching on the error I got when the debugger crashed showed up this old thread from December.

I downloaded the preview unity debugger 3.0.1.vsix file recommended in that thread from here and then followed instructions here about how to install .vsix files with vscode.

Now I can step through code again :)

21. KreNtal

KreNtal

So it's been 2 days now (yesterday and today) and I' m still not able to solve the problem, I tried everything, also downgrading to 1.39.1 doesn't work, can someone please help me? I'm attaching my omnisharp log

Attached Files:

22. greg-harding

greg-harding

Nice work :) It sure would be nice to have all the tools working without the constant flaming hoops to jump through.

23. unace

unace

In my case, reverting to 1.1.3 then upgrading to 1.1.4 fixed this.

Carrotpie likes this.
  24. KreNtal

KreNtal

Maybe I'm just stupid, how did you revert to 1.1.3? Cause my vscode version is 1.41.1 not 1.1.4

25. greg-harding

greg-harding

We're talking about reverting the VSCode package that is installed with Unity from 1.1.4 -> 1.1.3, not changing the VSCode editor itself.

KreNtal likes this.
  26. KreNtal

KreNtal

Ah thank you, you made my day I did it and everything is working fine now!!!

Carrotpie likes this.
  27. brainwipe

brainwipe

Thank you! Downgrading to 1.1.3 fixed for me too.

Carrotpie likes this.
  28. Olmi

Olmi

I had same issue here just now, downgrading from 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 helped. @Unity what's up with these junk "updates" that break too many things...? Wasted two hours of my time. Sigh.

Carrotpie likes this.
  29. Carrotpie

Carrotpie

this worked for us too. Wasted 2 hours during Global Game Jam trying to find a solution :((

30. Karabulut_

Karabulut_

When I change the bool in my friends code to int, it gives an error in most places. (I'm a little new at Unity)

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;
    5. using UnityEngine.UI;
    6. using System;
    8. public class Cogaltma : MonoBehaviour
    9. {
    10.     [Header("Objeler")]
    11.     public GameObject Slot;
    12.     public List<Itemler> items;
    13.     public Image ortadakiresim;
    15.     [Header("Para")]
    16.     public int Para;
    17.     public Text AltinPara;
    23.     void Start()
    24.     {
    25.         MarketiCagir();
    26.         ortadakiresim.sprite = items[0].Resim;
    27.         Para = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Para");
    28.         AltinPara.text = "" + Para;
    31.     }
    32.     void MarketiCagir()
    33.     {
    34.         for (int i = 0; i < items.Count; i++)
    35.         {
    36.             GameObject cogalanslot = Instantiate(Slot, transform);
    37.             cogalanslot.GetComponent<Image>().sprite = items[i].Resim;
    38.             int gececi = i;
    39.             cogalanslot.transform.Find("tiklanacak").GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(() => SatinAl(gececi,cogalanslot));
    40.         }
    41.     }
    42.     public void SatinAl(int id,GameObject obje)
    43.     {
    44.         //Oyun içi karakteri spawnlama yapabilirsiniz.
    45.         if (Para >= items[id].Fiyat && !items[id].Alinmadurum)
    46.         {
    47.             ortadakiresim.sprite = items[id].Resim;
    48.             obje.transform.Find("tiklanacak").transform.Find("Text").GetComponent<Text>().text = "Satın Alındı";
    49.             Para -= items[id].Fiyat;
    50.             items[id].Alinmadurum = true;
    51.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Para", Para);
    52.             AltinPara.text = "" + Para;
    55.         }
    56.         else
    57.         {
    58.             Debug.Log("Yetersiz Miktar.");
    59.         }
    60.         if(items[id].Alinmadurum)
    61.         {
    62.             ortadakiresim.sprite = items[id].Resim;
    63.         }
    64.         if (Para <= 0)
    65.         {
    66.             Para = 0;
    68.         }
    69.         AltinPara.text = "" + Para;
    70.     }
    71. }
    73. [System.Serializable]
    74. public class Itemler
    75. {
    76.     public string Isim;
    77.     public Sprite Resim;
    78.     public int Fiyat;
    79.     public bool Alinmadurum;
    80.     public Itemler(string ısim, Sprite resim, int fiyat, bool alinmadurum)
    82.     {
    83.         Isim = ısim;
    84.         Resim = resim;
    85.         Fiyat = fiyat;
    86.         Alinmadurum = alinmadurum;
    89.     }
    91. }

31. Monsterwald

Monsterwald

i dont think this is the right thread for it.... you should ask in the programmer section plus it helps a lot to point out where you changed a bool to an int...

ontopic: I hope they fix it soon. It's easy to resolve by reverting back ti 1.1.3 but its quite annoying since you have to revert and then restart unity...

MegamaDev likes this.
  32. qvinh222

qvinh222

Face the same problem. Downgrade com.unity.ide.vscode packgage to 1.1.3 fix the problem.

33. ZliVuk

ZliVuk

For me Reimport All and downgrade to vscode 1.1.3 on linux fixed issues on 2 projects.

itsarjunsinh and rbetik12 like this.
  34. kalmdown3D

kalmdown3D

Where do you find previous versions of VScode? Is there a command line utility to change versions?

35. zoltanbigitec

zoltanbigitec

You don't downgrade VSCode itself. You downgrade the "Visual Studio Code Editor" package for Unity. To do that, go to your project folder, under Packages you can find the file manifest.json. Find the line
    "com.unity.ide.vscode": "1.1.4",
    and change the version number to 1.1.3. Save the file, then Unity will do the rest.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    dmarcosm, AnthonyPalma and kalmdown3D like this.
  36. kalmdown3D

kalmdown3D

Changed the manifest.json at:
    ⁨2019.3.0f6⁩ ▸ ⁨Unity⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Resources⁩ ▸ ⁨PackageManager ▸ ⁨Editor ▸ ⁨manifest.json

When you say Unity will do the rest should I expect that opening the Editor after the edit will reinstall VSCode or something else will happen?

Doesn't seem to have worked. Still getting all the Omnisharp info and warnings:

Starting OmniSharp server at 2/4/2020, 2:05:42 PM
    Target: /Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Playground.sln

OmniSharp server started with Mono 6.6.0.
    Path: /Users/kmochel/.vscode/extensions/ms-vscode.csharp-1.21.10/.omnisharp/1.34.10/omnisharp/OmniSharp.exe
    PID: 53422

[info]: OmniSharp.Stdio.Host
    Starting OmniSharp on MacOS 10.14.6 (x64)
    [info]: OmniSharp.Services.DotNetCliService
    DotNetPath set to dotnet
    [info]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.Discovery.MSBuildLocator
    Located 2 MSBuild instance(s)
    1: Mono 16.3 - "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin"
    2: StandAlone 16.3 - "/Users/kmochel/.vscode/extensions/ms-vscode.csharp-1.21.10/.omnisharp/1.34.10/omnisharp/.msbuild/Current/Bin"
    [info]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.Discovery.MSBuildLocator
    Registered MSBuild instance: Mono 16.3 - "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin"
    CscToolExe = csc.exe
    CscToolPath = /Users/kmochel/.vscode/extensions/ms-vscode.csharp-1.21.10/.omnisharp/1.34.10/omnisharp/.msbuild/Current/Bin/Roslyn
    [info]: OmniSharp.Cake.CakeProjectSystem
    Detecting Cake files in '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground'.
    [info]: OmniSharp.Cake.CakeProjectSystem
    Could not find any Cake files
    [info]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectSystem
    Detecting projects in '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Playground.sln'.
    [info]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectManager
    Queue project update for '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp.csproj'
    Queue project update for '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.csproj'
    [info]: OmniSharp.Script.ScriptProjectSystem
    Detecting CSX files in '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground'.
    [info]: OmniSharp.Script.ScriptProjectSystem
    Could not find any CSX files
    [info]: OmniSharp.WorkspaceInitializer
    Invoking Workspace Options Provider: OmniSharp.Roslyn.CSharp.Services.CSharpFormattingWorkspaceOptionsProvider, Order: 0
    Loading project: /Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp.csproj
    Invoking Workspace Options Provider: OmniSharp.Roslyn.CSharp.Services.RenameWorkspaceOptionsProvider, Order: 100
    Invoking Workspace Options Provider: OmniSharp.Roslyn.CSharp.Services.ImplementTypeWorkspaceOptionsProvider, Order: 110
    Invoking Workspace Options Provider: OmniSharp.Roslyn.CSharp.Services.EditorConfigWorkspaceOptionsProvider, Order: 200
    Configuration finished.
    [info]: OmniSharp.Stdio.Host
    Omnisharp server running using Stdio at location '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground' on host 53396.
    [warn]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectLoader
    The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.VSCode.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'UnityEngine.UI.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.Rider.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'UnityEditor.UI.csproj' does not exist.
    Successfully loaded project file '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp.csproj'.
    /Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp.csproj
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.VSCode.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'UnityEngine.UI.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.Rider.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'UnityEditor.UI.csproj' does not exist.

Adding project '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp.csproj'
    Loading project: /Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.csproj
    The referenced project 'UnityEditor.TestRunner.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'UnityEngine.TestRunner.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.VSCode.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'UnityEngine.UI.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.Rider.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.csproj' does not exist.
    The referenced project 'UnityEditor.UI.csproj' does not exist.
    Successfully loaded project file '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.csproj'.
    /Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.csproj
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'UnityEditor.TestRunner.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'UnityEngine.TestRunner.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.VSCode.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'UnityEngine.UI.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.Timeline.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.Rider.Editor.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.csproj' does not exist.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.6.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1895,5): Error: The referenced project 'UnityEditor.UI.csproj' does not exist.

Adding project '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.csproj'
    Update project: Assembly-CSharp
    [warn]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectManager
    Unable to resolve project reference '/Users/kmochel/Unity/My Projects/Playground/Unity.Timeline.Editor.csproj' for 'Assembly-CSharp'.
    [warn]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectManager

... Goes on with warnings like this for hundreds more lines...

37. zoltanbigitec

zoltanbigitec

Don't worry, we'll sort it out! I would suggest doing a little bit of reading on the Unity manual page for the Package Manager, especially on the project manifest file. This will definitely help you solve your issue. Good luck, you got this!

38. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

The issue page has still not generated. Is there any update on this?

39. kapelonis

kapelonis

A quick fix for this seems to be the following:
    Enable "Generate all .csproj files" in Unity->Edit->Preferences->External Tools

upload_2020-2-11_19-4-27.png

This way you can work with Visual Studio Code Editor 1.1.4 package
    I have no idea why this isn't enabled by default when you upgrade to 1.1.4

40. TheOddisey

TheOddisey

This also worked for me! Thank you very much. This was very frustrating to get past. I agree that the "Generate all .csproj files" option should be defaulted when the package is upgraded to 1.1.4

jasonatkaruna and ROBYER1 like this.
  41. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

This also worked for me. I always thought that checkbox was a placebo in past versions. Would agree with the sentiment that this option should be checked by default.

42. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Is it actually a definitive fix? Today I checked it and Omnisense in the VS Code logs (somewhere when it is open) kept looking for .dll references in Assets/Temp or Assets/Temp/Bin or somewhere similar and completely forgot what Monobehaviours are amongst every other line of code on every script being red!

43. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

ROBYER1 likes this.
  44. AnthonyPalma

AnthonyPalma

Hello! None of these fixes solve the issue for me. Tried downgrading to 1.1.3 in the manifest and reloading Unity, closing and reopening VS Code, checking "Generate all .csproj files", etc.

What am I missing? I'm on 2019.3.1f1.

EDIT: This error doesn't happen on a fresh new project. I can import TMPro without issue. So...how can I fix my existing project?

EDIT EDIT: Issues went away when importing same project into 2020.1a23. @ROBYER1 might be worth a shot if you're still having issues. I pushed everything to Unity collaborate from the broken build in 2019.3, created a new project in 2020.1a23, then synced the collaborate content to that new project. worked fine.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    ROBYER1 likes this.
  45. urmund

urmund

Hello,

My steps:

1. Changed "com.unity.ide.vscode": "1.1.3" in "Packages/manifest.json"
    2. Set "Generate all .csproj files" to true in "Preferences"

(I still got lots of warnings like:
    The referenced project 'Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.csproj' does not exist.)

3. Performed "Assets > Reimport All"
    4. It works!

MacBook Pro, Unity 2019.3.1f1

46. Fethbita

Fethbita

Reproducible with 2019.3.1f1 and package version 1.1.4 on Windows 10.
    Reproducible with 2019.3.0f5 and package version 1.1.4 on Arch Linux.
    Downgrading to 1.1.3 and deleting csproj and sln file and generating them again fixes it.

The old issue had gained some attraction. This one, not so much. Is this being worked on?

carasin and ROBYER1 like this.
  47. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Is there a proper workaround on 1.1.4 as on Unity 2020 alpha versions my packages like to auto update between working machines somehow and this problem is very annoying!

Fethbita likes this.
  48. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

The case is still being investigated. It just so happened that the ticket was opened just before migration - new future issues will be handled on JIRA, and IssueTracker links won't be changed as it happened here.

ROBYER1 and Fethbita like this.
  49. MustEat

MustEat

None of the recommended fixes above are working for me. Basically VSC is as functional as Notepad. Totally handicapped.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  50. Incode

Incode

Downgrading to 1.1.3 and upgrading back to 1.1.4 worked last night, but now no longer works. I can barely use the Unity.Networking.Transport package because it reads everything as an error, and I can't tell what's working and what's out of date documentation.