Search Unity

Question Visual Studio 2022 and Entities 0.50+ can't ctrl+click on ecs classes to inspect them

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by iamarugin, Jun 21, 2022.

1. iamarugin

iamarugin

For example, if I ctrl+click on NativeArray (which is builtin UnityEngine class), I get:
    upload_2022-6-21_16-40-18.png

But when I click, for example, on NativeParallelMultiHashMap from the Collections package nothing is happening. The same goes for Jobs, Entities, etc. The issue start appearing in Entities 0.50 and was not fixed 0.51. Am I missing something, or it is a known issue?

2. Enzi

Enzi

VS bug. Sometimes it just doesn't work. Then it starts to work again. I never found a real reason.

A fix is to load Unity.Collections as project into the solution. Edit->Preferences - Tick Registry packages (I'm not sure, just try some until collections is loaded)
    The fix is only half a solution because VS slows down to a crawl when Unity.Collections is loaded.

Being frustrated with the dozens of VS problems for years now I recently switched to Rider and never looked back. VS 2022 code completion is very nice but the overall trouble is just not worth it any more.

iamarugin likes this.