Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Studio 2019 license.

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by UnityFuchs, May 10, 2020.

1. UnityFuchs

UnityFuchs

Hello, I am very annoyed and angry about my problem, but I try to stay woosah.

Problem: Visual Studi 2019 Testlicense is gone now. 30 days done.
    Can't login to MS-account, got blocked, I don't know why.
    Can't unblock my account, because MS don't accept my phonenumber.
    Can't create new account because MS says: ERROR and tilts out.

I'm using Unity for 3 years now. Am I forced to use Visual Studio, after monodevelop got dropped? Am I forced to give away my private data (phone) to Microsoft just to develope in Unity? Is Unity still free?I don't really care about VS, I liked Monodevelop, too.
    What are my options?

2. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

The community version of Visual Studio is free...it may not fix your problem though as I'm not 100% if you have to have a working account to access the download. Last I remember you did NOT but things do change. You can always try though.

That said, there are other code editors as well. I personally use Rider from Jetbrains, looks a lot like Visual Studio but loads faster and overall feels better to me(and it seems many others). However, it isn't free so you may not want it. Then there are yet other options out there as well. The reality is that anything that can edit a text based file can work(albeit the experience may suck)...even plain old notepad can handle it. Script files are just text files with a different file extension.