Search Unity

Visual Studio 2019 & HoloLens 2 deploy stuck

Discussion in 'VR' started by MarcAubryBoissel, Jan 8, 2020.

1. MarcAubryBoissel

MarcAubryBoissel

Hi

It makes it impossible to deploy from Visual Studio 2019 on HoloLens 2 (ARM64). The compilation is done without problem, but during the deployment we arrive on a "A remote operation is taking longer than expected"

I have a lot of data in the Streaming Assets (~ 800mb). It is on this data that it stops. It's random, it always stops at different files.

If I make an appx then an installation through the Device Portal, no problem the application installs and launches. Likewise if there is less data in the Streaming Asset.

The standby of the HoloLens 2 is deactivated to avoid its involuntary disconnection.

An idea of the problem ?

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

That's a VS problem, not Unity. However, if you deploy manually you should be able to F5 in VS and if there are no changes it should just work.

3. MarcAubryBoissel

MarcAubryBoissel

Thanks for your answers.

Workaround to manually deploy to F5 was already being considered pending a fix even if it is less productive for testing.

I suspected that the problem comes from VS. The stuck will be highlighted on the Microsoft MR and VS forums so that they work on a fix.