Search Unity

Question visual scripting variables. Any way to undo the removal by mistake? confirmation dialogue on delete?

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by altepTest, Jan 23, 2023.

1. altepTest

altepTest

I'm playing with visual scripting and I've noticed that is very easy to delete a variable by mistake when hitting the "-" option near the variable name. This is problematic when you have a list with many set up members. For example you have an AOT list with 30 variables set up. You want to remove one element then if you are not really careful you end up removing the entire list variable.

There appears to be no UNDO functionality. There is also no option that I can see for unity to ask you if you are sure you want to remove a variable.

2. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

They're in the process of completely changing the front end technology from current IMGUI solution to Graph Tools Foundation framework which will power all Unity graph based tools down the road. This will include a new, improved Variables blackboard. Come back in a year or two, maybe three. Can't really tell when it'll drop. November 2022 update mentions "2-3 release cycles".

They have stopped any meaningful updates to the current version of UVS, expect bug fixes only.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023