Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Visual Scripting using Ubuntu 20.04

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by mickstv, Mar 7, 2023.

1. mickstv

mickstv

Hi all, I've noticed after updating Unity to 2021.3.19f1 or higher and Visual Scripting 1.7.8 or 1.8.0, when I right click to find a node sometimes Visual Scripting becomes non responsive. Its making Visual Scripting unusable on Linux for me at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone else has struck this and may have found a fix ?

Cheers
    Michael

2. Yuri_Kimo

Yuri_Kimo

Unity Technologies

Hello, would you have more info on this issue?
    Is this random, can you provide some steps to help us reproduce the problem?

3. mickstv

mickstv

Hi Yuri, what happens is...

If you drag out from a node the node list box comes up you can scroll the list to find a node, but sometimes the list becomes non responsive. But if you cancel looking for the required node and start again it sometimes works ok and will continue to work for a while then the same problem happens. The issue slows down the whole process to a crawl...

I tried on windows and it all works fine. Not sure how else to explain the problem.

Thanks

4. mickstv

mickstv

Here's a YouTube of the problem. After 10 second mark I'm trying to click on any node option they don't highlight. Sometimes if you exit node search then start again it works for a short time ?

Anyone got any ideas ?

5. mickstv

mickstv

Time to bump this one....

Or is it better to report it ?

6. mickstv

mickstv

I take it, no one else uses Linux and has seen this issue....
    Thread might as well be closed.

7. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Visual Scripting has always had problems on Linux, I don't think much will change until they port the tool to Graph Tools Foundation UI framework in a year or two.

8. mickstv

mickstv

Thanks for the reply.

I've bitten the bullet and gone back to windows.....