Search Unity

Bug Visual Scripting Error: Sequence contains more than one matching element after updating to 2021.3.18

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ClaireBrisingr, Apr 4, 2023.

1. ClaireBrisingr

ClaireBrisingr

I have been getting this error ever since trying to update my project to 2021.3.18 from 2021.3.16 and it appears in numerous script machines together with the same number of "could not load connection between..." warnings. I can't even open some of the script machines in order to solve it manually (although there are like 100-200 errors... so I probably couldn't even do it that way) and from the few I can, I have noticed that most of the connections lost appear on tilemap nodes except another few that look completely random.

I tried to fix some of those possible errors beforehand but they still happen no matter how I code it and I was doing some research and apparently someone solved it by removing the node finder addon but I have never used it nor any other extra visual scripting addon so I haven't found a solution at all.

Thank you beforehand in case you have some possible ideas about it, it has been very troublesome.

craftsmanbeck, Starpaq2 and MeTimeDev like this.
  2. craftsmanbeck

craftsmanbeck

I was getting the same error. I planned to fix it by manually editing some of the package code from Unity Visual Scripting, and so I used
    Client.Embed("com.unity.visualscripting");
    , intending to edit the .Single calls. However, by the mere act of embedding the package, it allowed the broken graphs in question to be opened. There were some broken connections in the graphs that could not previously be opened, but after fixing them with VS embedded, I was able to un-embed the package and have everything working again.

WilliamLaerdal and luskos like this.
  3. noahx

noahx

Hi. Can you please explain how do you do that? The Client.embed procedure you did to make it work, is that a script? or is that configurable in some settings?

Thanks.

4. craftsmanbeck

craftsmanbeck

Hi, it's a line of code manually written and executed. It needs to be an Editor script to get access to the Editor classes. Easiest way to execute it manually is to run it from a Menu Item, and you can find out how to do that here https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MenuItem.html
    Of course, make sure you back up your project before doing anything like this, especially if you're not exactly sure what everything does.