Search Unity

Question (Visual Scripting) Character Rotation w/ Camera Movement

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by StepOne_DrawCircle, Mar 5, 2022.

1. StepOne_DrawCircle

StepOne_DrawCircle

Hello. I am sure the answers to my questions are out there already, however I cannot seem to find them. I have spent the past 2 days searching for them.

Basic issue I am having is I want to set up visual scripting to have my character rotate with the camera so that moving forward is always linked to the direction the camera is facing.

I know it has to do something with getting the camera forward direction and applying it to the player's forward direction, however I can't seem to make the player's axes rotate.

I am using a Cinemachine freelook camera with this and the new input system.

I have linked a YouTube video below to show my issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  2. StepOne_DrawCircle

StepOne_DrawCircle

Figured it out. I was missing components in my movement. Below are what I have that is working now.

Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 1.png

MogarBobac and casraf like this.
  3. Sudarshank123

Sudarshank123

hey ive tried using the same script as shown in the screenshot but i still cant get it to work my camera will rotate but my character is stuck using the same movements. any ideas? i can post screenshots if anyone wants

4. okamimask21

okamimask21

You are freakin’ genius! Thank you for the system)))

5. AtWalsh2009

AtWalsh2009

These scripts are going to be put in the main camera, am I correct? I saw you mentioned cinemachine, do i need that as well?