Search Unity

Visual Logic Editor (Antares VIZIO) : (video screens)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Neodrop, Sep 1, 2010.

1. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

yeah,

the official forums sucks, lol, no support from there,

I think this is why uScript is more popular than Vizio, uscript forums are very active plus their support is almost instant.

But, i really liked Vizio, to me better than uscript, it just feels right , just like if i were scripting in regular way., plus very powerful,
    specially love the visual debugging on the graphs.

I think this tool is pretty much for those who are already familiar with unity scripting and the API, so for new beginners in the scripting world can get quite steep learning curve

but.....

sometimes in this world that we live on, people are customer service driven, which means, you can have the best tool, but if you dont provide customer service, then your tool is not worth the money., philosophy sort of thing...

that is why one product is more popular than the other even if it is less powerful than the non customer service one.

people usually go for the service first, human reelations than product quality most of the time.

I appreciate you help. that was what i was looking at. thanks for the graph example.

i was a little bit confused not finding if, else statements but now that you mention pretty much are embedded in some blocks.

I need to focus on getting to know the universal wizards since those are pretty much the power key of Vizio

thanks again.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  2. kshaja

kshaja

Hi CaptainExtra300, there is also a Skype support channel that is the most active place for VIZIO. ( pm Neo to give you a link)
    Also there is VT section in Vizio blocks, it is mainly populated with blocks that are used for manipulating code execution.
    So there is Bool Switch block that is 1:1 with If Else statement.

I made a couple of little tutorials for beginners, check my signatures.

And about good programs with no fuss about them and semi good programs with lot of noise,you have linux and windows ;)

3. Neodrop

Neodrop

THe official forum is not dead. But what about me, unfortunately I'm too busy in last two month and can't read the forum every day. Sorry if somebody asked me without answer.

4. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

thanks guys,

@Neo
    sure, no problem. great tool btw.
    I just sent you a pm requesting skype link for future support references as requested by kshaja.

5. Darkoo

Darkoo

How can I check who the triggerer is?

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  6. Stardog

Stardog

On the "On Trigger Enter" block there is an icon at the bottom (Other Collider). Right-click > Wizard Get > Open Settings Window > Inherited > gameObject.

7. juan-jo

juan-jo

VT/Logics/Test/Proximity

Anyone used the Proximity logic block?

Would be very useful, and seems very simple, but always gives Current Distance = 0
    And it only calls the 'Else' exit.

Of course I tried with several objects types (even simple cubes) and with/without te 'Barycenter' option.

Any suggestion?

8. Grespon

Grespon

Hi NeoDrop,
    I asked about how would be the simplest graph to this code:

transform.localScale.y += 0.1;

You recommended to use Curve Interpolator. Isn't it more performance heavy?

Also, I would like to know how to Undo.

9. Neodrop

Neodrop

Curve Interpolator is much more flexible. You can set vector From and vector To and make transition between it by Animation Curve. For example - you can make a real heart with pulse by 3-4 nodes.
    Sorry, Universe editor window have no Undo actions. I hope next Universe will. ;)
    In critical situations you can use Backups (you can find it in the Unity inspector) $UniverseBackups.jpg $UniverseBackups.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  10. Grespon

Grespon

Ok Neodrop, I'll try this.

Another things I would like to know. Does it generate a code? If yes, is there a way to see the generated code of the graph? And possibly change it?

And is it possible to call my own scripts inside the graphs ?

11. Neodrop

Neodrop

Universe don't generate a standard code.
    You can call anything what can be imagined by Wizards or you can write your own nodes (Smart Blocks)

12. juan-jo

juan-jo

Hi Grespon.

Also, for any value transformation, AnimationCurve Do >> Evaluate is extremely useful.

13. Grespon

Grespon

Doesn't this nodes generate more complex instructions to CPU than a simple "transform.localScale.y += 0.1" ?
    I'm thinking about final performance... wouldn't be better to call a script with this code inside ?

14. kshaja

kshaja

15. panz3r

panz3r

Can you please add raw tcp/udp communication please ?

Something like :
    connect to this ip/host on this port on tcp/udp
    send this data
    put here received data

16. Neodrop

Neodrop

Universe have a whole set of Unity networking nodes. Also, here is the bridge for Photon networking

17. panz3r

panz3r

I am looking to write myself the server-side of the game in C on a linux server(i have experience in this area).
    What i need is a way to connect from Antares vizio to my C-made app on server side.
    Unfortunately googling antares and tcp does not come with something useful.
    I am not looking for rpc calls but pure udp and/or tcp.
    Imagine my game would want to do http get for multiplayer. (well not really this but just to illustrate what i need).

18. Neodrop

Neodrop

Just looking for Smart Blocks (user created logic nodes)

19. choi

choi

I study the free version.
    The results are very good.
    There is one kind of unsolvable problems.
    With the implementation of the code that is difficult to
    Could get help?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    using UnityEngine;

public class PlayerHitCheck : MonoBehaviour
    {

private TerrainData terrainData;
    private Vector3 terrainPos;
    private string resultText;

void Start ()
    {
    terrainData = Terrain.activeTerrain.terrainData;
    terrainPos = Terrain.activeTerrain.transform.position;
    }

float textureIndex1;
    float textureIndex2;

void Update(){

int mapX = Mathf.RoundToInt(((transform.position.x - terrainPos.x) / terrainData.size.x) * terrainData.alphamapWidth);
    int mapZ = Mathf.RoundToInt(((transform.position.z - terrainPos.z) / terrainData.size.z) * terrainData.alphamapHeight);

float[,,] splatmapData = terrainData.GetAlphamaps(mapX, mapZ, 1, 1);

textureIndex1 = splatmapData[0,0,0]; //grass texture
    textureIndex2 = splatmapData[0,0,1]; //sand texture

resultText = " grass : "+textureIndex1+"\n sand : "+textureIndex2;

}

void OnGUI(){
    GUI.BeginGroup (new Rect (10, 10, 200, 40));
    GUI.Box(new Rect (0, 0, 200, 40),resultText);
    GUI.EndGroup ();
    }

}

20. Neodrop

Neodrop

Your example contains nothing impossible to implement it inside Universe. What exactly you want? Some working example ?

21. choi

choi

By the properties of the terrain is trying to raise an event.
    For example, the green golf course terrain, rough, loaded, bunkers etc.
    I've use the playmaker is limited.
    For example, please.

22. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I just saw Antares Universe updated to v1.3.5.1, and in ther changelog, it says something about Unity 3.5.
    Is it compatible still with Unity 3.5?

23. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes, like and past releases (you must replace dll's).

24. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Awesome! Thanks Neodrop! Now that's good support :)

25. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

I just purchased it now :)

I'm having so much fun. Great product

26. Neodrop

Neodrop

Welcome.

27. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

Hello Neodrop,

I have some questions

1: is it possible to make behavior tree with this?
    if yes then is there an example

2: is there any tutorials on how to make custom smart blocks?

A lot of your Url Links are not working.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  28. Neodrop

Neodrop

29. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

30. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Hey Neodrop, I just noticed there seems to be an update for Antares Universe on Asset Store :

Version:1.3.5.1 (August 01, 2013)

Strangely, it is the same version number as the previous version (June 17th see my above post), but Asset Store says it just got updated few days ago.
    I checked the version number inside Antares Universe (on the top right corner) and it still says v1.3.3.

So is this a new version? Is it still compatible with Unity 3.5.7? Also, if you compile for Unity 3.5.7 remember to change the version number to reflect that change! Thanks! :)

31. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes, it seems too me, I forget to change build version in Universe editor window.
    THis update will work in Unity 3.5.7 as before. But, you can ignore it if all works fine with your current version.

32. MaxwellMax

MaxwellMax

My dev machine is not connected to the internet, and I'm struggling to figure out how to open the plugin without a net connection! any tips?

33. Neodrop

Neodrop

You need download it from AssetStore to open. After the package has been exported in your project, you don't need net connection anymore.
    Or you can create an empty project on other machine with net connection, get Universe from AssetStore, zip the project folder and unzip it in your dev machine.
    Good luck.

34. MaxwellMax

MaxwellMax

genius, thank you Neodrop. I will try the second method when I have the time

Max

35. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

i am new in universe,how to create float varible in vizo?

Dev

36. juan-jo

juan-jo

Hi.
    Most of the time you don't need to.
    Only connecting logic blocks you are passing variables among them.

Just look for the LBs that do what you want and connect them, without thinking in the theoretically implied variables.

37. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

thanks for help.

Dev

38. Charl Marais

Charl Marais

Hi guys. I have been looking around and searching the forum. Is there a specific way to define classes? or do you just create containers?

39. Neodrop

Neodrop

You can define your class in .cs script and it will be accessible in Universe.

40. Kermitt54

Kermitt54

You have three options I know of...
    - Create containers
    - Create standard classes and access them via wizard blocks (http://forum.antares-universe.com/how-to-work-with-wizards-tutorial-t272.html)
    - Create classes derived from LogicBlock that will work directly as new logic blocks (http://forum.antares-universe.com/vizio-logicblock-programming-guide-t205.html).

41. Charl Marais

Charl Marais

Thank you Neodrop and Kermitt :D

I will look into container and defining them in a .cs script. The classes I am defining are basically just grouping of variables and wont be reused in other projects. The main use of them is to keep all instance specific variables grouped and accessible through out the project/scene. Like the example js code below.

Code (csharp):
    1. public class Player {
    2.     var id : int;
    3.     var speed : float;
    4.     var x : float;
    5.     var y : float;
    6.     var colour : Color;
    7.     var lives : int;
    8.     var status : int;
    On a separate note, I notice that there are no IF and ELSE conditional check blocks. I am using switch on parameter and there are other conditional checks with true or false. But specifically one for multiple checks. If I do an OR compare then I have to wire the failed/false OUT to the next check node IN as illustrated in the graph below.

$ORCompare.PNG

Otherwise if I want to do an AND compare I would wire the success/true OUT to the check node IN. As illustrated in the graph below.

$ANDCompare.PNG

This may seem simple enough, but I imagine it can get messy with more compares.
    But i am sure I can live with this as it keeps flexibility open. In any event thank you Neo for such a great tool. I reaaaaly hope this project keeps growing as it can potentially replace all the other FSM and vitual coder apps/plugins out there.

42. Neodrop

Neodrop

Look at Boolean group for nodes such AND OR and VIZIO/Tests group for some comparision nodes (Generic Compare, Generic Equal and so on).
    Also, as I see in your screenshot, you don't assigned IN and OUT variables type in your Container.
    Choose some in node Inspector or simple drag and drop any variable with appropriate type from any other node on the IN/OUT Variable node body.

43. Charl Marais

Charl Marais

Thanks Neo

I never knew about the AND/OR and Generic compare nodes. I also only setup the above nodes to illistrate my point.I have been playing around with Vizio and making alot of progress with successfully reconstructing my existing script into a visual script. If I am successful in this regards I will grab some of the existing scripting tutorials on the unity training site and translate it into Visio tutorials equivilents. Hopefully this can assist some noobs to better get in the swing of things. I will likely setup a wiki for it so that anyone wishing to add/update/correct it can do so.

44. Kizo

Kizo

Does Vizio work with Unity 4.3?

45. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes. It's works, but very soon I will publish new update for Unity 4.3 features. In next few days.

46. rahuxx

rahuxx

waiting for that NEO.
    It will be great if we can find more tutorials too.

rahu

47. Charl Marais

Charl Marais

Thats awesomeNew, Thanks. Neo, is there any plans on implimenting undo/redo features? Or am I missing something?

48. Neodrop

Neodrop

Well, technicaly it's possible now (but almost don't before). But it's required to rewrite about 75% of the Universe Editor and, unfortunately, I can't do it in the near feature.
    But, I keep a hope to create a new one Universe with many new core features some day. With Undo-Redo sure.

49. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Does it still support 3.5? The latest update when I upgrade to it just crashed my Unity.

50. Neodrop

Neodrop

Nothing changed for 3.5 but you need to unzip and replace dll's from Unity_3_5.zip
    If this don't help you, just skype this update or let me know if some errors will appear in the Unity console window.
    Sorry, I haven't Unity3.5 anymore.