Search Unity

Visual Logic Editor (Antares VIZIO) : (video screens)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Neodrop, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Grasshopper? Is that for Rhinoceros 3D? I haven't touch Rhino for years I didn't even know they have something like that now.

2. Neodrop

Neodrop

Guys (I am da Bawss ), why you show so old screens (from very early beta-stage) ? Universe last few month have a lots of icons for every Unity types. But you don't see it?
    Well, looking here. (Unity - type icons user-defined shortcut variables almost everywhere) :

$graph.jpg

$Colored.jpg

Or like this ?

$Colored2.jpg

Or here you can see the working process. Just look in HD how you can create your own node with any complexity functionality right from other visual nodes. (In russian, but almost translated) :

Just open your eyes. My target is Runtime Debugging, Limitless functionality and fast execution speed, but not Cheerful pictures.

Wants more ? Well - download and try it for free.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  3. Neodrop

Neodrop

And I can add user-defined color for every node with 5 lines of code. But I'm not sure what users need it, cose no one asked about it.
    Need a visual markers ? We have it :
    Note
    Stickers
    Arrow markers

for it. Also I will add custom colors and pictures for Containers. But a bit later.

4. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I don't think you understand me Neodrop.
    I am talking about the "nodes" (they are all gray).

Picture from you from above: (so its as up to date as you claim)

If a user has to be result to put color sticky notes and arrow just to understand his own code, its a fail for user usability for your program (Not to mention EXTRA WORK). If you don't believe me, just load up your most complex project, and then zoom out so you see all your nodes in one view. Can you still make out what's going on? Or is it just all a gray mess?

This is what it looks like to designer

I am just joking! :D But its almost like that....

I am sure you have seen this in real life - machines that are so badly design a worker has to put color sticky notes and draw arrows on the machine so they know how to operate it. Can you imagine your car instead of a steering wheel you get 1000 buttons all looks the same, and you have to put color sticky notes and draw arrows just so you know how to operate it? :D

I am just suggesting, if you color your nodes into categories (BRIGHT COLORS!), so its easier to understand and read what's going on than having to zoom in individually to examine what's going on, it will improve your user usability.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  5. Neodrop

Neodrop

No one from hundreds of my users ask for it.
    But, thank you for your advice and opinion. I will thinking about it.

The main features of Universe now is Containers. It's will be very handy and widely customizable.
    I don't want to make a Circus from my working environment. But if somebody find it helpful, I will provide the tools for it.

6. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Its a valid point of view. syntax highlighting for nodes would be really appreciated.
    But not random colors like in uScript. I think Universe could follow the same rules of scripting IDEs.
    For each type of node a specific color with possibility to change them like IDE themes.

Edit: I'm a user of the full version and me too think this would make life easier.

7. Neodrop

Neodrop

BTW - Just imagine : Dotnet has a thousand of classes and Unity has a few hundreds.
    How you look to color it all separately ?
    It's very easy task in general, but, I do not see a clear idea how to arrange it by color groups. Help me a bit ;)

8. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Yeah, I was wondering about it. I know uScript don't even get close to stuff like dotnet, neither full Unity's full functionality as well, so if we can color our Universe's containers its a speed boost already.

9. Neodrop

Neodrop

Well, with help of Bruno, here we go :

$Colored3.jpg

Also, a bit later will be added a custom images for Containers.
    This settings will be stored in Containers prefab but can be changed for any copy Individually.

10. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Neodrop, you rock! :)

11. juan-jo

juan-jo

Absolutely.

It's also true that recent versions looks better, and of course the overall functionality of Universe and support of Antares team are excellent.

Anyway, I am sure that 'I am da Bawss' and I did not want a circus in our work environment.

It is not about random colors, or a different color for each class, but colored by top-level function that helps to understand what the code does at first glance, and also differentiate a graph from each other, forming you thus a better mental picture of the whole project.
    Your first test looks nice.

12. juan-jo

juan-jo

However, I must say, soon, for my next project, I hope to begin testing Universe, and then the most important thing will be the learning curve.
    Personally I think is critical there are adequate tutorials and they are the first thing you find when you approach Universe.
    So far I thought I saw tutorials explaining individual features, but I'm not sure I'd seen a set of tutorials to go from the basics.
    There exist already such tutorials?

13. Neodrop

Neodrop

In general, I can't teach about Unity fundamentals better than Unity Technologies ;)
    May be. But currently, I just have no free time for it. Sorry for all.

14. juan-jo

juan-jo

Eh! I mean Universe fundamentals, not Unity's.
    I'm already using Unity, but maybe even for people not using Unity, Universe could be a start point, and hopefully, unique script system needed…

15. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I guess he meant everyone whose creating gameplay events must to know Unity's fundamentals anyways and Unity's fundamentals are exactly the same of Universe's ones. Those basic knowledges are needed even for smaller tools like PlayMaker.
    As I see in Universe's community, no one there is totally new to Unity so thats why in all tutorials they assume that you know how to create some logic by yourself. And those logics, people get easily into Unity's docs.
    Maybe a simple guide, patiently described and using some graphs, about the overall aspects of what a node is could help many people.
    What are inputs, outputs, links, In variables, Out variables and so on.

16. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

I think whats really needed for designers like me is a discussion of unity architectures in normal coding and how to transfer those to universe most efficiently.

I mean a discussion of messages, and variable groups.

It might be nice to talk about when to use some of the iterator or logic blocks.

I also get a bit confused with the set variable value nodes sometimes, with inputs and outputs.

This said, the recent tutorials neodrop has been putting out have been great, and I have been eagerly waiting for them and rewatching them.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  17. Neodrop

Neodrop

I will thinking about such scenario. You right, some basic (for me) conceptions can be hidden behind the scene for some beginners.

18. Neodrop

Neodrop

Now, the colors of the Containers can be changed in Runtime too (for debugging purposes and convenience). Universe never stop on first short step.
    Yet in russian, but will be translated soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaAp6dEyIAA

19. juan-jo

juan-jo

It don't ceases to amaze me how quickly you respond to any question raised by any user, no matter how silly it is :p
    There is no comparison with any other software I've used.
    Congratulations.

20. Neodrop

Neodrop

Just because the Universe is my primary working environment for Unity. ;)
    Many month, I open Microsoft Visual Studio (professional C# code editor) only for work in depths of the Universe. All what I do in Unity projects, I do in my Universe.

21. ivanzu

ivanzu

Looks like AAA game maybe it becomes a AAA game :)

22. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes it is the serious project. Mother Russia has not only good programmers ;)

23. Neodrop

Neodrop

1.23 (RC 1) are submitted to AssetStore (Pending review)

About Containers in english (How to create reusable node right from visual code) :

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  24. bigSky

bigSky

Congratulations to the developers. Will you have a place where we can swap and exchange containers?

25. Neodrop

Neodrop

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  26. Neodrop

Neodrop

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  27. Neodrop

Neodrop

New for next release (1.24) : Containers will store default variables value.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  28. Neodrop

Neodrop

New for next release (1.24) : Duplication of nodes with copying of values of the IN variables (from source node).

29. Jingle-Fett

Jingle-Fett

Awesome new features Neodrop! I especially like the ability to create new custom nodes within the editor, outstanding work as usual!

30. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This is very nice... I just fired up Antares again and I love it... still learning about it... and if UT is seeing this, hire this guy, NOW!! And with the camera node, that should be awesome... I am about to set up my fight camera to do the usual zoom out effect when two objects move back from each other...

31. Neodrop

Neodrop

How to setup Containers color for visual debugging in Antares Universe in runtime (Play) mode.

32. Archetype4D

Archetype4D

Neodrop,
    I just wanted to take a little bit of time and finally get around to commenting about your Universe visual editor. In my humble opinion, your software is the best of the bunch! I have had it for quite a while and while I am not much of a programmer, I am doing some great things with it. I am always checking this forum to see what you are up to with the next release and I anxiously await to get the latest and greatest updates. I am really enjoying using your techniques and I can't wait to get into using the Containers more. I see huge potential in encapsulating my graphs for re-use in other graphs. Anyway, I hope you have a lot of other users that are like me that thoroughly enjoy using Universe but just don't get around to posting any comments. Thanks for your diligent efforts and I hope they are paying off for you in the end.

33. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

Neodrop, I've been experimenting with containers recently, and have to say they are something great. I hope that your users start to share their containers, both high and low level!

I'm going to add some to the forum as soon as I make some useful ones in my own code. Hopefully having to do with arduino communication.

Also, I own: playmaker, Uscript, and the paid version of Universe. And I spend all of my creative time in Universe.

34. Neodrop

Neodrop

Thank you. As always, new update will contain new awesome and helpful features. Soon.

35. Jingle-Fett

Jingle-Fett

Hey Neodrop, is there any way to use A* Pathfinding with Universe? Would it be with the universal logic block?
    Rock solid pathfinding combined with Universe for AI would be a killer combination :D

36. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes, it's possible like any others dotnet code integration. I like this A* project, but currently I have no free time to do it myself.
    In general, it's very easy task for any programmer to create a few Smart Blocks (user-created Universe nodes) or Containers to implement this integration in Universe.
    Like this iTween nodes (for example) : http://forum.antares-universe.com/itween-t254.html

37. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

Hi,
    with older versions I have no problem but with the latest version 1.233 I get errors when I try to compile to iOS. I basically just have a empty scene with the antares VIZIO plugin loaded and I export that to my iPhone and I get AOT cross compile error. How come?

I attached an attachment that shows the errors. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

38. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

When you update the package, the standard DLL is re-imported. Just make sure you are using the iOS dll and did delete the standard one.

39. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

I did exactly just that deleted the conventional block extracted the ios blocks dll and. But the last one doesn't seem to work could it be a Player Setting? I have successfully done this in the past but now I'm getting this error. I shall make another attempt later today maybe I made a mistake somewhere.

40. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Than its probably a bug Neodrop have to take a look into.
    Edit: Yes. I tried to build an empty scene for iOS and now it won't run, using 1.23. There's something wrong within Universe's runtime, maybe nothing to do with the blocks DLL we replace for iOS.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  41. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes, it's problem is appear from Procedural Textures. It's will be fixed in the next build. (*It's has been fixed for me already)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  42. EmadGh

EmadGh

I used A*Pathfinding a long time ago...

play the demo here
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18673203/Pathfindig 2/WebPlayer.html

Forum Post + a screenshot of graph
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/59...o-amp-screens)?p=539741&viewfull=1#post539741

I'll find the codes and post theme here... :)

43. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

44. Jingle-Fett

Jingle-Fett

@ emadgh
    Oh cool, thanks for posting that!

45. Neodrop

Neodrop

Container (a fully visual coded node) to create a GameObjects Pool in your Universe.

http://forum.antares-universe.com/automatic-object-pool-t511.html#p1502

$GameObjects Pool.jpg

$GameObjects Pool_01.jpg

This Container has a three IN triggers :

FILL POOL - то fill the pool with instancies.
    REFILL POOL - то refill it.
    and GET INSTANCE - то get an instance from the Pool.

Three OUT Triggers :

FILLED (when filled)
    DONE (when you get Instance)
    and
    POOL IS EMPTY (when you try to get Instance from empty pool)

Three IN Parameters :

SOURCE OBJECT (GameObject to instantiate in Pool)
    POOL LENGHT (Instancies count)
    DEATIVATE OBJECTS IN POOL (Bool parameter to keep your instancies deactivated (or not))

Four OUT Parameters :

POOL (GameObjects array with all instancies)
    CURRENT INSTANCE (Last one instance from pool)
    CURRENT INDEX (int index of last instance from pool)
    OBJECTS IN POOL (Quantity of objects in a pool)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  46. RedShark

RedShark

Hi Neodrop, how can i setup right, a Universal Node with Calling the Method iPhoneUtil.Vibrate()?

If i do so, the Device doesnt Vibrate, if i do it with Scriptfile it does? Do you know why?

Edit:
    created a User Node that calls the Method, works :)

i would love to get the Call Method working

Thx for any help :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  47. Neodrop

Neodrop

Wizards works with Reflection (a group of special dotnet classes) which do not work in iOS because of some Apple restrictions. Use Smart Blocks (user-created nodes) instead Wizards.

48. Neodrop

Neodrop

49. Neodrop

Neodrop

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  50. bigSky

bigSky

Wow...you know you are on to a good thing when a point update equals a significant new asset. ;)