Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Effects Graph orbital help wanted

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by MajorParts, Dec 10, 2019.

1. MajorParts

MajorParts

Hi

I made an ok hyperspace tunnel using the regular particle effects and wanted to see if I could make a better one with VFX Graph.
    The old particles had velocity over life with orbital settings.
    I can't work out how to duplicate that with VFX, so any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. andybak

andybak

Try applying force based on the cross product of the current direction. It's something like that anyway.

3. MajorParts

MajorParts

Please forgive me...I have no idea what a cross product is, therefore no idea how to base anything on one :(
    I have messed about with all the force nodes though. I imagine i will have to lump together some nodes that do some magic maths calculations.

4. MajorParts

MajorParts

I found the cross product...no idea how to use it, but somehow managed to do it right :D thank you so much!

5. andybak

andybak

Cool. I was just about to hunt around for the test project I made.

6. gaelleBe

gaelleBe

care to share and shoe the result?
    I am struggling too to get ribbons to swirl, im not sure what i should be using to get the particles circling around a point /axis.

7. andybak

andybak