Search Unity

Bug Visual Effect Graph | Weird vertical line glitch on android

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by unity_g6pUasEkRJ-2jg, Feb 14, 2021.

1. unity_g6pUasEkRJ-2jg

unity_g6pUasEkRJ-2jg

So, my problem is that particles from Visual Effect Graph are stretched infinitely on the y axis, as seen in the picture below. This only happens on the android build, on the editor and windows build it works normally. I am using URP, my device is a samsung e7

picture of how it looks on an android e7

screnshoot of how it looks on windows

Why is this happening? Is vfx graph even compatible with mobile devices?

2. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

This is a known issue, you can read more on the thread here.

The VFX Graph's focus has been on HDRP and HDRP-supported platforms, however the team is working this year on full URP (including 2D renderer) support and high-end mobile support. You can check our public roadmap for more details.

unity_g6pUasEkRJ-2jg likes this.
  3. unity_g6pUasEkRJ-2jg

unity_g6pUasEkRJ-2jg

Thanks for the reply. Is there any workaround or should I just wait until the official support?

4. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

If you are just trying things out, I believe on the thread there are some suggested workarounds. For example, I think using a mesh output and manually assigning a quad mesh might not exhibit the same issues you are seeing with the quad (I am not 100% sure though).

However, if you are working on something you plan on shipping soon, I would recommend waiting until we have had time to do a proper pass on stabilizing mobile as there might be other unknown issues, or switching to the built-in particle system.

Voronoi and unity_g6pUasEkRJ-2jg like this.