Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[Visual Effect Graph] Samples run without displaying particles

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by BorisTI, May 25, 2019.

1. BorisTI

BorisTI

After creating a new HDRP Project in 2019.1.0b10 and copying the Samples project from https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/VisualEffectGraph-Samples/releases, I am able to run the various scenes, but none of the particles appear.

Shader Graph, HDRP, and Core RP Library are all installed with version 5.8.2 as specified in the Readme for the VFX samples.

Are there additional settings that need to be applied to make the particles work?

There are some console errors:

Missing Genie.gif

2. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

It you look at the errors it seems like you need a newer version of Unity to use those samples.

3. BorisTI

BorisTI

According to the 5.8.2 readme, the target version is 2019.1.0b6, whereas I was on b10

I've tried installing with higher versions of the editor, 2019.1.2f1, and 2019.2.0b1 (different errors, but same result. Scene runs with no particles) as well as higher versions of the preview packages, up to 5.13.0 (and 6.7.1 on 2019.2)

Errors on 2019.1.2f1
    I can delete "VoxelizedTerrain" and remove the error, but no particles.

4. BorisTI

BorisTI

I think I figured it out. I thought the git contained just an asset package, but it has project settings, etc, and I was loading it into the wrong folder level.