Search Unity

Visual Effect Graph Problem

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by broqee, Feb 5, 2021.

1. broqee

broqee

Hello, it gives the error in the picture in 2019.4.19f1 Unity version and 7.5.x Visual Effect Graph versions.

This error pops up when I add the Visual Effect Graph package in a new project and create a new Visual Effect file.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

2. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi @bariscetin ,

Are you on URP or HDRP?
    Can you confirm that you have the SRP asset assigned in the graphics settings?
    Does the error persist after you recompile the VFX?

3. broqee

broqee

Thank you for your answer. I'm new to unity so I don't know much. When I create a project in 3D from the template selection screen, Visual Effect Graph does not work and gives this error, but I selected Universal Render Pipeline in the template selection screen and created the project and it is working now.

Can you tell me why Visual Effect does not work when I open the program and select 3D on the template screen?

4. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi, sure thing!
    The VFX Graph is intended to work with Unity's newer Scriptable Render Pipelines (or SRP for short).
    Unity comes with two SRPs: the Universal Render Pipeline (URP) and the High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP).

URP is aiming at doing the things the built-in Unity renderer currently does, but faster, and smarter. It supports pretty much all platforms which Unity supports: from PC/Mac to consoles to mobile.

HDRP is for higher-end visualization (things like hyper-realistic games, architectural or automotive visualization, etc.) and targets higher end platforms.

In newer Unity versions there are templates for it as well to start with URP or HDRP when you create a new project, similar to the 3D template you are using.

The 3D template itself is using Unity's built-in renderer, which the VFX Graph does not officially support (though there are some earlier versions where it might work.)

If you want to use the VFX Graph, it is completely supported with HDRP, and is mostly supported on URP (with a few missing features which are on the to-do list for this year).

You can convert any project to use URP or HDRP, just be aware that you will have to also upgrade many materials in the project as well. You can read up a bit more here about switching to URP or HDRP).

Hope this helps!
    Welcome to using Unity, let us know if you got any further questions :)

5. broqee

broqee

Hello again, thank you very much for your answer. Thanks to you, I learned a lot of information, it helped me a lot. I continue to use Unity with pleasure. have a nice day :)

VladVNeykov likes this.
  6. KGncT

KGncT

Hello. Thanks for your helpful answer first. Does VFX Graph work on old graphics cards properly? My card is [AMD/ATI] Thames [Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series] on Intel 3rd Gen Core. Its an eleven years old PC.

7. smollbirb

smollbirb

Hey there.. this message always pops up and i dont know where to change it: "The Visual Effect Graph is supported in the High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP) and the Universal Render Pipeline (URP). Please assign your chosen Render Pipeline Asset in the Graphics Settings to use it." Where do i assign it?