Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question visual effect graph not working on any Android device once I enable the AR

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by belalbadreid_unity, Mar 31, 2022.

1. belalbadreid_unity

belalbadreid_unity

Hi,

So we want to use a visual effect graph but once we add AR and use it it didn't show anything on phones its working well on iOS phones but not on Android, can someone adjust a solution for me :)

Even I tried the sample project from shader graph to show a simple fire but again once we add the AR foundation noting appear on Android phones

Regards,
    Belal Badr

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  2. Qriva

Qriva

3. belalbadreid_unity

belalbadreid_unity

ok thanks, we know its a shader graph that's why we post it here because the shader graph is not working but for sure will check the other thread too.

4. Qriva

Qriva

If this is shader graph fault only, then there is no way to help you as there is no human who can guess what is wrong without informations, plus everything you described seems too chaotic. In your attachments there is no shader graph assigned to vfx output or mentioned graph itself.

5. belalbadreid_unity

belalbadreid_unity

I tried to give information that's matter its not a shader only as it works on iOS so it's more of is VFX working on Android with AR using URP or not if you don't know it will be good not to say its chaotic!

6. Qriva

Qriva

Well, thread title starts with "visual effect graph not working", in the OP there is no informations why you think it's shader graph, but instead you said it happens after adding AR foundation. In the next post you said "we know its a shader graph" what indicates you know the cause of the problem. In short you create multiple false tropes without providing relevant information.

From my perspective it sounds like AR foundation does not work on your android device and causes problems, and if that's the case then this is wrong section because yes, maybe vfx or shader does not work, but it's caused by other external factor.
    Still, this is wild guess as there is no way to determine it right now.
    If you don't know what exactly is wrong then break problem into pieces, first check if VFX graph works alone without other modules, then separately check AR or shader graph.

7. belalbadreid_unity

belalbadreid_unity

yeah I tried VFX alone without any AR and its working well and actually just to make sure that is not because our VFX I used the sample one "fire" that comes from the example prefabs from the Package manager.

so as a output the VFX is not working when I add the AR foundation "Android" that's why I am asking if there is something I should avoid or do to make it work for Android if I want to use AR Foundation?

because I cant see any error or anything indicates to the issue of not seeing the effect "any effect"

8. belalbadreid_unity

belalbadreid_unity

so its combine of VFX and AR usage that we need that's why I said it might be VFX issue, so do you have any clue ? or even did you try to have VFX with AR and it works on any Android device?

9. Qriva

Qriva

I don't use AR, I try to get more informations, because there might be someone who can help you.
    I don't think there is something that should not work only on android. Assuming VFX works without AR it means AR is broken or some configuration is not valid. I would report this, but first I would try to create minimalistic demo with simple VFX or particle system and AR.
    The question is what does it mean "nothing appears", application does not work at all? Only Vfx does not appear? Also is AR only added or actually used in some way? This is important info and should be included from the very beginning.

10. belalbadreid_unity

belalbadreid_unity

Thanks for your answer, "nothing appears" I mean the AR app is working well with the camera and all other stuff related to AR but the effect itself is not on the screen at all I tried multiple effects because I thought the problem is on our effect but no luck so far. knowing that in iOS same project show the effects normally.