Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Effect culling doesn't works until first display

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by ee-braymond, May 9, 2022.

1. ee-braymond

ee-braymond

Hi, I work URP 12.1.4, on unity 2021.2.13f1 (also tested on 2021.2.17f1) in a scene that contains hundreds of visual effect spawners.
    I've read that the culling is done using the bounds of the visual effect since visual graph 12 and few of them are visible from my starting position but, I've note a huge update computation time on my GPU. I created a small debug tool and the result is the same, no visual effects are culled. But, if I move the camera, visual effects that were visible in a first place began to be culled properly. In fact, I have to look at visual effect once before the culling works for it.

I tried the same test with 2021.1.19f1 and the culling (even if it's not related to bounds) works correctly even at the starting position.

I run out of solution and I haven't seen anything related to this problem on the forum. Is that problem known ? Is there a solution that don't need to do my own culling ?
    In the video, I show the game with the little debug tool that show culling working only after a first look to the visual effect outside the starting frustum.

Attached Files:

2. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Thanks, this is most probably a regression. Would you be able to file a bug with a small repro?

3. PaulDemeulenaere

PaulDemeulenaere

Unity Technologies

Hello!
    We actually also encountered this problem, you can track this issue, we identified the wrong code and we are now deploying a fix.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.