Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Visiblity Animation from Maya to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ, Jul 3, 2018.

1. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

Hi all,
    I need to know the best way to import visibility animation from Maya to unity,
    I frequently need to animate objects that goes off n On.
    Right know I am scaling the object from .001 to 1 which works out but most of the time animation
    looks popping out means not a smooth animation.
    For which i tried to copy the animation clip n thn edit the tangents but that also doesnt work everytime.
    Please lemme know the solution asap.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Unity created a video covering this topic, however I'd suggest you might want to approach this a different way. I think performing this on/off via layers in Unity rather than visibility tracks might be a better/more optimal approach.

3. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

Hi,
    thanks for your response, I have tried the process of the video but I am
    not getting the visiblity attributes that are showing in video- attaching the snapshot of that.
    Secondly, it was not possible for me to do this in Unity as I have sync many objects with audio,
    I this case I think switching on/off is handy if done in Maya.

Attached Files:

4. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

ok I checked again,the visibility attribute show in unity 2017 but I am using Unity 5.6.2,
    Any idea how to get it in 5.6.2 ?

5. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

anyone??
    need to get this solve asap.

6. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

pls help me on this...

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

As far as I'm aware some teams have written/extended Unity importer to support additional animation data using prior versions of Unity (5.6) but I don't think this is supported out of the box.
    There might be something in the asset store that can import additional animation data. I do know the animation data IS available through fbx, but unaware how to import it in previous versions.
    Seems like this could be replicated in Unity easier than messing with a customized importer.