Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Visiblity Animation from Maya to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ, Jul 3, 2018.

1. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

Hi all,
    I need to know the best way to import visibility animation from Maya to unity,
    I frequently need to animate objects that goes off n On.
    Right know I am scaling the object from .001 to 1 which works out but most of the time animation
    looks popping out means not a smooth animation.
    For which i tried to copy the animation clip n thn edit the tangents but that also doesnt work everytime.
    Please lemme know the solution asap.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Unity created a video covering this topic, however I'd suggest you might want to approach this a different way. I think performing this on/off via layers in Unity rather than visibility tracks might be a better/more optimal approach.

3. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

Hi,
    thanks for your response, I have tried the process of the video but I am
    not getting the visiblity attributes that are showing in video- attaching the snapshot of that.
    Secondly, it was not possible for me to do this in Unity as I have sync many objects with audio,
    I this case I think switching on/off is handy if done in Maya.

Attached Files:

4. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

ok I checked again,the visibility attribute show in unity 2017 but I am using Unity 5.6.2,
    Any idea how to get it in 5.6.2 ?

5. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

anyone??
    need to get this solve asap.

6. unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

unity_nztkhD7pHcTizQ

pls help me on this...

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

As far as I'm aware some teams have written/extended Unity importer to support additional animation data using prior versions of Unity (5.6) but I don't think this is supported out of the box.
    There might be something in the asset store that can import additional animation data. I do know the animation data IS available through fbx, but unaware how to import it in previous versions.
    Seems like this could be replicated in Unity easier than messing with a customized importer.