Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Visible seams in ProBuilder

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Grimlock_Arts, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Grimlock_Arts

Grimlock_Arts

I’m sure this has come up a lot, can someone direct me to a solution? Thanks.

See images:

EDIT: Also, is there a snap to grid function in ProBuilder? Maybe that would help.

Attached Files:

2. Olmi

Olmi

ProGrids?

Install it via Package Manager.

3. Grimlock_Arts

Grimlock_Arts

Thanks for the reply Olmi but I already have ProGrids installed. You can see it in the screenshot. Maybe the issue I’m encountering isn’t as big of a deal as it seems but I’m starting to feel a bit disappointed in ProBuilder. It feels like I’m spending hours on building, trusting the tools to function properly only to have something broken in the end. I’m reminded of the defects in older world editors such as Valves hammer editor that started to break with complex geometry. I’ll continue to look for an answer. I did read about using smoothing to close the gaps but that’s unfortunate because as far as I can tell it ruins hard edges if that’s the look you’re after. I don’t see a snap to grid option although I could be missing it. I’ve noticed that sometimes if I “set pivot” to vertices and move the objects on all three axis and then back to that intended location the gap sometimes goes away. It seems a simple snap to grid option would fix the issue if that’s all it is. Seems like this issue should be a high priority by those developing the tool as it feels a bit broken as is. I hope it’s being worked on, besides this issue I have a high opinion of ProBuilder and its potential.

4. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Hey there, have you tried weld vertices? You can set the distance for it to do it weld automatically in probuilder. Welding works after the something is built like you have here.

Per axis snapping in progrids is also an option that might work for new stuff from scratch. A "snap to grid" is exactly what progrids does, your pivots just have to be exact. I might be not understanding what you are wanting for that. Anyways, there's some repeating geometry for in your screenshots and setting the pivots could make them snap together no problem assuming your pivots and connecting dimensions are on a grid.