Search Unity

Viseme / Lip-Sync Animations are weak after importing - lips hardly move

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mattypattyfp, Apr 9, 2019.

1. mattypattyfp

mattypattyfp

Hi,

I'm using a Reallusion pipeline (iClone >> 3DXchange) to export a character and a number of lip-sync animations to an FBX. It's all in one file. (I've tried creating a separate FBX for each animation - it doesn't help.) When I get them in Unity the lip-sync animations are really weak. I have to set my animations in "Legacy" mode to get them to work. The lips hardly move. I've magnified the lip-sync motions in iClone and it still looks like my character is mumbling. In my script, when I Blend the animation, I've even set the TargetWeight quite high (like 50), to no avail. What am I missing?

2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Blend shapes go from 0 to 100 rather than 0 to 1 as you might reasonably expect. So 50 is only half weight.

3. mattypattyfp

mattypattyfp

Thanks, SilentSin. When I call Blend() on the animation in my script, I turned the weight up to 100. Nothing changes. Is there a place to set this upon import?

4. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Animation.Blend uses 0 to 1 range, it's the blend shapes themselves that go to 100 (SkinnedMeshRenderer.SetBlendShapeWeight).

Have a look at your AnimationClip in the Animation window to figure out what value it's actually setting the blend shape to.