Search Unity

Resolved Virtualized GridView element?

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by MechaWolf99, Aug 26, 2022.

1. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

Hello,

Some time back I had talked with some of the UITK team about creating a GridView (like what would be used in the Project Browser) with virtualized elements. The issue was that UITK would struggle showing rounded corners and other more complex geometry with a semi-large number of items.

There was talk of maybe doing some sort of instancing or something and I was just wondering if there was any more info/progress on this topic?

oscarAbraham likes this.
  2. martinpa_unity

martinpa_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey!

A virtualized Grid View is something we hope to provide in the future. You can vote for it here to help with the prioritization.

With virtualization, UI Toolkit should be able to handle a lot of elements, provided we are not displaying a large amount of them at a time.

jGate99 likes this.
  3. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

Alrighty, I will vote on it later thanks.

It has been quite some time since I worked on creating my own GridView element. Iirc it would stutter when scroll when showing about 100+ elements (in this case it was a button element), and really lag when it got to 300 or so. The main issue was the rounded corners and the text iirc.

4. jGate99

jGate99

voted